MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maddens on Gull Lake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Maddens on Gull Lake Reply with quote

The Board received a request from Maddens for help in setting up geocaching on its property. The request lists the planned usage as a teambuilding exercise, but I think it would also be fun for guests. The requester also admits to no knowledge of caching so this is a starting-from-ground-zero request.

Please email me directly for contact information at Maddens.

Mrs. Mizzou (Teri)
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Maddens on Gull Lake Reply with quote

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
The Board received a request from Maddens for help in setting up geocaching on its property. The request lists the planned usage as a teambuilding exercise, but I think it would also be fun for guests. The requester also admits to no knowledge of caching so this is a starting-from-ground-zero request.

Mrs. Mizzou (Teri)

Sounds commercial to me. Wink
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Maddens on Gull Lake Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Mrs. Mizzou wrote:

Mrs. Mizzou (Teri)

Sounds commercial to me. Wink

that is actually interesting. I assume they would allow the public to find them?
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me it sounded like a limited business use. I offered to discuss basic details of geocaching and that would be one thing I would address: if this is just a resort project with the coordinates only available to employees and guests or if they are willing to open it up and publish on geocaching.com. At the most, they would probably only publish caches listed on the borders of the property.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a geocaching consultant needs to charge them at least $80 / hour for this service. Which one could donate to MNGCA kitty if one for some reason did not feel comfortable getting paid.
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe they are open to compensation.
MrRogersNghbor
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do it for a minimal donation to MNGCA and a free resort stay for the wife and I for next summer. Wink
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that I have found a couple geocaches there previously.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: