MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Days of the Year Challenge Event
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you planning on attending the event and/or ordering coin(s)?
Planning on attending!
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Planning on attending AND ordering coin(s)
70%
 70%  [ 31 ]
Won't be attending but would like to order coin(s)
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 44

EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Days of the Year Challenge Event Reply with quote

366 Days of the Year Challenge Event
There is an event in the works to celebrate those that will be completing the days of the year challenge on Feb. 29th, 2012. For those of you working on that challenge the goal is to cache every single date on the calendar but it doesn't have to be the same year, this will be a celebration just for you! If you have a grid on your caching profile showing if you've cached on Jan 1st for instance then it should also show if you've ever found a cache on Feb 8th or any other date of any year since you've been caching. If, as of Feb. 29th, 2012, your grid is completely blacked out then you have cached on every date of the year over the time that you've been caching. You are especially invited to join the celebration along with anyone that wants to join us as well! There are no specifics at this time since the event is over a year away but the event planners would like you to know that it's in the works so if you haven't thought about working on this challenge, you still have plenty of time to to it! I have 63 days out of the year left to black out and many of them in the winter so I've got 2 winters to get this covered. Any type of cache logged can be used to black out your calendar. If you have no idea what I'm talking about check out my profile and look at the DAYS of the YEAR grid. Join the fun on Leap Day, 2012!

Last edited by EPMinnesota on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:49 am; edited 10 times in total
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Days of the Year Challenge Event Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
There is an event in the works to celebrate those that will be completing the days of the year challenge on Feb. 29th, 2012. For those of you working on that challenge the goal is to cache every single date on the calendar but it doesn't have to be the same year, this will be a celebration just for you! If you have a grid on your caching profile showing if you've cached on Jan 1st for instance then it should also show if you've ever found a cache on Feb 8th or any other date of any year since you've been caching. If, as of Feb. 29th, 2012, your grid is completely blacked out then you have cached on every date of the year over the time that you've been caching. You are especially invited to join the celebration along with anyone that wants to join us as well! There are no specifics at this time since the event is over a year away but the event planners would like you to know that it's in the works so if you haven't thought about working on this challenge, you still have plenty of time to to it! I have 63 days out of the year left to black out and many of them in the winter so I've got 2 winters to get this covered. Any type of cache logged can be used to black out your calendar. If you have no idea what I'm talking about check out my profile and look at the DAYS of the YEAR grid. Join the fun on Leap Day, 2012!

I have been working on that, in fact I was out over lunch the last two days to fill in those boxes on my grid! Fun, thanks for the heads up!
Oh yeah, how about a link to the challenge cache?
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ya go! The KB Challenge: 365 Calendar Days
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working on it, too. I just got October and November blacked out. I have my work cut out for me in this month and next with only 20 of the 62 days with finds. I hope I can join the fun on leap day 2012!
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working on my grid, as well, since I heard about the challenge a few months ago. December and January are going to be busy caching months for me this year - normally that's when I "hibernate," and my grid reflects as much.

I already have some leap-day finds, but I will gladly attend a leap-day event in 2012.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
I have been working on it, too. I just got October and November blacked out. I have my work cut out for me in this month and next with only 20 of the 62 days with finds. I hope I can join the fun on leap day 2012!

I've got them filled in too. I need 11 more days in December, 17 in January, but only 10 in February. June and July will be the challenges for me, I am not a fan of caching in the heat! At least it will be light later than 4pm by then.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I;'m up for trying this!!!
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow is going to be interesting - I have a blank square and no other plans, but the weather has a vote - that's probably why I have the fewest finds in December, followed by January. But I don't want that blank square sitting there taunting me for the next year!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intersting. My biggest gaps are in the months or June, July and August. I've got Jan, Feb, March, Nov and all but one day in december wrapped up.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
Tomorrow is going to be interesting - I have a blank square and no other plans, but the weather has a vote - that's probably why I have the fewest finds in December, followed by January. But I don't want that blank square sitting there taunting me for the next year!

15T your a wuss. I need it too and I'm going out either way.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The winter months are why you leave the caches closest to your home or work for those days you don't want to venture far or the weather is nasty. Doesn't work for FTF hounds but for the rest of us...it helps!
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
The winter months are why you leave the caches closest to your home or work for those days you don't want to venture far or the weather is nasty. Doesn't work for FTF hounds but for the rest of us...it helps!

I found a great, winter friendly nano in Hutchinson today. We got almost a foot of snow out here in the boonies, but I still filled that box in! It just takes some research. I have several caches near work mapped out for those days I need to make a run during lunch. One or two on my way to work too. I know I have another winter to get all these done, but I am doing my best to finish this year.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:

If I can't get out there and look for one close to my house right after it is published (which is true 99% of the time) I leave it for a day when I need a find to fill in my grid or continue a streak. I currently have 67 days in a row with a find because I have left some easy ones close to my house for days like today (8 inches of snow) or days when I just don't have much time and have to search with no daylight.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
EPMinnesota wrote:

I found a great, winter friendly nano in Hutchinson today. We got almost a foot of snow out here in the boonies, but I still filled that box in! It just takes some research. I have several caches near work mapped out for those days I need to make a run during lunch. One or two on my way to work too. I know I have another winter to get all these done, but I am doing my best to finish this year.

Cached yesterday down by Lonsdale and New Market. Found 14. DNFed 5. Attempted 19 overall.
Trekkin' and Birdin'
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard about this idea when we were at Breakfast Buddies last Saturday. We have five days left. None of them are February 29. Yeah! However.....due to a late evening and a squirming grandson, we missed October 1 on a so-called easy park and grab (which of course we found instantly the next day sans grandbaby). Otherwise, we'd (hopefully) be done on January 20. Sounds like a great idea for an event, we'll probably be there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: