MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the differnence between....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: What is the differnence between.... Reply with quote

some one who puts out a cache for other cachers and some one who calls themselves a "cache designer?" This isn't a joke- it is a sincere question - I don't think there are any rules - shall we make some up?
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a "designed cache" would need many hours to put together. Its most likely a multi or a puzzle. A single stage cache would need to involve some fabrication or a surpise at the location in order to qualify. The cache would have to be unique or unusual.

I suppose to get the title "cache designer", the hider would have to hide more than a few caches that have been "designed". RJ and CAG are certainly in that club, and I don't think many people would argue that. There are several others that I would give the title to, but I don't want to leave someone out by trying to make a comprehensive list. I've also noted several apprentice cache designers in our region. These folks have put together some real masterpieces, but don't yet have enough of them to earn the full-fledged title (yet).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: