MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MN Loon, Walleye and Lady Slipper Geocoins

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: MN Loon, Walleye and Lady Slipper Geocoins Reply with quote

As I've mentioned previously mentioned, I've decided to sell my MN Loon, Walleye and Lady Slipper Geocoins; all are unactivated, and have always been in their original sleeves.

The money from the sale of these coins will be used to buy new audio equipment for the Twin Cities GeoCaching PodCast.
MN Loon Geocoin
MN Walleye Geocoin
MN Lady Slipper Geocoin

Bid early and bid often!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just say NO! Halo
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"keep the show free"?? Question
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

Perhaps I should have said that I won't badger people for donations or try to seek out ads like many other podcasts do. I've never offered a tip jar or had a donate link and never asked for donations. I pay for the bandwidth and all the equipment needed out of my own pocket...but the next step up in equipment will cost around $200-300 and I just can't do that on my own for a hobby like a podcast. So the thought was, if people want to help out the show, and want to get a cool coin in return, this would be a good common ground. By the time the next show is published the auctions will be done.

Hope that helps clear it up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
Just say NO! Halo

It's still under $20, nows your chance to get in on the action!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
bflentje wrote:

Perhaps I should have said that I won't badger people for donations or try to seek out ads like many other podcasts do. I've never offered a tip jar or had a donate link and never asked for donations. I pay for the bandwidth and all the equipment needed out of my own pocket...but the next step up in equipment will cost around $200-300 and I just can't do that on my own for a hobby like a podcast. So the thought was, if people want to help out the show, and want to get a cool coin in return, this would be a good common ground. By the time the next show is published the auctions will be done.

Hope that helps clear it up.

I thought you wanted an iPad? Very cool devices.. my boss has one he was showing me. Though it seems too delicate to take out caching.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I thought you wanted an iPad? Very cool devices.. my boss has one he was showing me. Though it seems too delicate to take out caching.

Ah, well I had the opportunity to buy an iPad from someone who won one at an event and I ended up saving about $200 not getting the 3G model, so I was going to use the money from the sale for the coin; but instead after hearing the audio I took at GCF and how good it sounded (the one taken on during the live recording, not the interviews with vendors), I decided that I really wanted to get another mic like that and for that I'll need a better mixer (my current one only supports one mic).
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being from MN I might have some bias, but I thought the coins would go in this order for most bids/price:
1) Loon
2) Walleye
3) Lady Slipper

But right now, the Lady Slipper has 14 bids and the loon has 10 and the walleye only has 3...I have to say, I'm pretty surprised by this.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Being from MN I might have some bias, but I thought the coins would go in this order for most bids/price:
1) Loon
2) Walleye
3) Lady Slipper

But right now, the Lady Slipper has 14 bids and the loon has 10 and the walleye only has 3...I have to say, I'm pretty surprised by this.

Hmm.. maybe I should put my Ladyslipper coin up for auction.. Idea
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

I'd be nice if you'd wait till next wed. if you choose to do so... Very Happy
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I'd be nice if you'd wait till next wed. if you choose to do so... Very Happy

Oh gawd, is this 2007 all over again? I wasn't serious.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
EPMinnesota wrote:
Just say NO! Halo

It's still under $20, nows your chance to get in on the action!

And drive the price up? Sorry, as much as I want you to do well in your auctions...I'm too broke (and selfish) to want to do that! Very Happy
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a little bit left...you can still own one of these.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: