MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting October 2010 Cache Of The Month Nominations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Accepting October 2010 Cache Of The Month Nominations Reply with quote

Nominations for October Cache of the Month are now open (from September 1st to September 30th). For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache recently, reply to this post with the caches name and what made it so special that you want to nominate it for Cache of the Month!

It's back to school and the dog days of summer are over so get out there and find those caches and keep those high quality caches coming!!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since a lot of us now have more geocoins to put into the wild(and I know there was some caching going on too Wink ), don't forget to nominate those high quality caches for Cache of the Month!

Got Milk Quality Cache?
Hal-oween
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate GC17YMB Antlers Amusement Park, which is a Wherigo in Lakeville. I have done a few Whereigo caches and this one is by far the best. It provided just the right amount of challenge, made great use of the surroundings and I loved the twist at the end. The park itself has a beautiful lake and beach and the cartridge taught us some interesting history and helped us imagine what it was like back in 1910. Really cool!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal-oween wrote:
I would like to nominate GC17YMB Antlers Amusement Park, which is a Wherigo in Lakeville. I have done a few Whereigo caches and this one is by far the best. It provided just the right amount of challenge, made great use of the surroundings and I loved the twist at the end. The park itself has a beautiful lake and beach and the cartridge taught us some interesting history and helped us imagine what it was like back in 1910. Really cool!

I don't remember the twist at the end. All I remember is two feet of snow. I do love a good WhereIGo and in the process of trying to create one myself.
Jaklimber
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: GC150T1 Ten Foot Waterfall And an Anchor Bolt Reply with quote

I would like to nominate GC150T1 - Ten Foot Waterfall And an Anchor Bolt http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=212b2ab6-7ef9-4fc2-974f-a05f957f6c21 by canpaddle.

This cache gives you the opportunity to choose your adventure; there are a number of ways to approach. Any way is sceneic, but there are some paths that are rustic and rugged and very enjoyable to an outdoor explorer. The destination itself is a unique waterfall in the gorge...a sight that most would never see without a cache placed there. The 'mystery' of the bolts at the waterfall and other areas of the gorge that adds to the experience.

- Fun off-trail adventure - Neat natural feature - A unique 'contianer' -
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

October CotM nominees are closed, your October Cache of the Month Nominees for 2010 are:

“Antlers Amusement Park” GC17YMB by Bunganator (nominated by Hal-oween)

I have done a few Whereigo caches and this one is by far the best. It provided just the right amount of challenge, made great use of the surroundings and I loved the twist at the end. The park itself has a beautiful lake and beach and the cartridge taught us some interesting history and helped us imagine what it was like back in 1910. Really cool!

"Ten Foot Waterfall And an Anchor Bolt" GC150T1 by canpaddle (nominated by Jaklimber)

This cache gives you the opportunity to choose your adventure; there are a number of ways to approach. Any way is sceneic, but there are some paths that are rustic and rugged and very enjoyable to an outdoor explorer. The destination itself is a unique waterfall in the gorge...a sight that most would never see without a cache placed there. The 'mystery' of the bolts at the waterfall and other areas of the gorge that adds to the experience.

- Fun off-trail adventure - Neat natural feature - A unique 'contianer' -

"The John H. Allison Memorial Forest" GC14W42 by Grey Wolf and Wild Rice (nominated by 15Tango)

Caches like this are one of the reasons I geocache - a pleasant hike (1.2 miles round-trip according to my GPS). The cache page says it all, and I experienced all of it on my way to and from the cache - the deer trails (complete with actual live deer!), the loon and their calls, and the various other wildlife in this little garden spot not far from the "weave" of 35E and 694. And along with the great fauna, you can also experience a fine example of the wonderful flora Minnesota has to offer. During the summer months, you can drive along the Saint Paul Water Utility Access Road to get to the parking area and get some great views of Vadnais Lake.

Go get'em!!!

-Edited to add GC14W42-

Last edited by msteffel on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate GC14W42 The John H. Allison Memorial Forest by Grey Wolf and Wild Rice. Caches like this are one of the reasons I geocache - a pleasant hike (1.2 miles round-trip according to my GPS). The cache page says it all, and I experienced all of it on my way to and from the cache - the deer trails (complete with actual live deer!), the loon and their calls, and the various other wildlife in this little garden spot not far from the "weave" of 35E and 694. And along with the great fauna, you can also experience a fine example of the wonderful flora Minnesota has to offer. During the summer months, you can drive along the Saint Paul Water Utility Access Road to get to the parking area and get some great views of Vadnais Lake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: