MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Priceless...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Priceless... Reply with quote

Cost for 6 hour Light Rail pass--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- $3.00
Total cost for 12 Geocaching containers for my new Multi-stage LRT cahe -------------------------------------------------------- $22.00
The infamous R.J. spotting you hidding your final stage cache in downtown Minneapolis on a Saturday night------------ PRICELESS

Laughing

Last edited by JT on Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did spinowners 15 stage "Who wants to be a $1.20-aire". It was very fun, and more fun because Ko-tis-vey was also competing (actually, beating the crap out of me) for FTF.

But as I was doing a few of the "Maximum Exposure"-style stages, the thought crossed my mine that if any cacher happened to see me or my MnGCA-bumper sticker, they could skip a whole bunch of the stages.

If you are worried about this, make the coords of the last cache dependant upon facts about some or all of the earlier caches.

-Rick

P.S. Please don't post your new one until *next* weekend. I'm too beat to go after another maxi-multi so soon. Smile
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crud, and I thought I was done trying out the light rail.

Sounds like fun though, will have to get a group together for that one soon.
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh @#$%$. And just last week the girls and I took and adventure day. We parked at ridgedale and took the bus down town and then the LTR and bus to the MOA. The LTR was fine, but the bus sucked. I would love do the ltr series with a group, but not if I have to take the bus down town again. Laughing

P.S. my computer is out for repair, not that you missed me. Should be back soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DigiFerret
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lightrail sounds fun! Can you imagine an entire car full of geocachers running in and out of the rail cars while trying to find the caches?

Just imagine the conductor's confusion at watching a dozen + people staring at small electronic devices and then making a mad dash out the door when they get near the goal.....
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANNOY (V.O.): Next stop, Queensboro Plaza.

KRAMER: Oh, Queensboro Plaza. (reties his shoelaces) This stop is famous for its gyros, you want one?

ELAINE: How are you gonna get something and get back on the train in time?

KRAMER: Well, they got a stand right out on the platform. Gyros are cooked, and wrapped, and ready to go. (he pulls money from his pocket) Three dollars, no change. You want one?

ELAINE: (laughing) No thanks.

KRAMER: Alright, but no bites.

Kramer goes to the door, where he stands jostling with a couple of other guys waiting for it to open. When it does, they all exit in a hurry. Elaine continues to study the TV Guide. A guy sitting opposite (bald, glasses, anorak inside and out) proffers a pen.

RICKY: Highlighter?

ELAINE: Excuse me?

RICKY: To highlight the programmes you plan to watch.

ELAINE: Ah. Uh, look really (looks about to try and avoid contact) I'm just trying to read.

RICKY: Fine, okay. It's just, I've never seen a beautiful lady reading 'the Guide' so far away from a TV. You must really like television.

The train about to leave, the doors begin to close. As they do, Kramer tries to enter. The door closes, trapping his arm at the shoulder, leaving him holding his gyro into the carriage.

KRAMER: (yells) Elaine!

A passenger walking down the carriage grabs the gyro from Kramer's hand and sits down to eat it. Kramer extracts his arm and the doors slam closed.

RICKY: Guess your boyfriend'll have to catch the next train.

ELAINE: He's not my boyfriend.

RICKY: He's not? (thoughtful) Interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: