MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free trackables at the 2010 State Fair!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildfoto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Free trackables at the 2010 State Fair! Reply with quote

Right across from the DNR building (and the MnGCA booth) is the KARE11 Barn. Inside they have a Penny Press that can be used to make trackables. You drop a penny into the machine and turn the crank until your squished penny with it's nifty new design falls out.

Then take it home, drill a hole, and add a tracking bug.

The best part is it's FREE. KARE11 provides all the shiny new pennies you need. I made two of each design, but you can make many more.

There are four designs: BWCA, Fort Snelling, Split Rock Lighthouse, and The Spirit of St. Louis.

Check out the designs here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53362124@N03/4929655929/
Tropicalloon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info about the free penny press items at KARE11. It was nice meeting you at the MnGCA booth on Thursday. I'll be heading back to the fair and will head to KARE11. My young caching partner G-Man2 wants to get some trackables going & he loves penny presses. This will be perfect. Thanks for the pics of them. It's nice to see what they'll look like.
NOSNOW
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Free trackables at the 2010 State Fair! Reply with quote

wildfoto wrote:
Right across from the DNR building (and the MnGCA booth) is the KARE11 Barn. Inside they have a Penny Press that can be used to make trackables. You drop a penny into the machine and turn the crank until your squished penny with it's nifty new design falls out.

Then take it home, drill a hole, and add a tracking bug.

The best part is it's FREE. KARE11 provides all the shiny new pennies you need. I made two of each design, but you can make many more.

There are four designs: BWCA, Fort Snelling, Split Rock Lighthouse, and The Spirit of St. Louis.

Check out the designs here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53362124@N03/4929655929/

If you want to send it out cheaper then a TB, get a GCF Cache Kinz at $3.00. Here is a link
wildfoto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Free trackables at the 2010 State Fair! Reply with quote

I have 5 of those sweet GCF Cachekinz. I've attached a penny to one and will dropped it into a cache soon. You can see it's geocache page here:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=3036563

tropicalloon wrote:
Thanks for the info about the free penny press items at KARE11. It was nice meeting you at the MnGCA booth on Thursday. I'll be heading back to the fair and will head to KARE11. My young caching partner G-Man2 wants to get some trackables going & he loves penny presses. This will be perfect. Thanks for the pics of them. It's nice to see what they'll look like.

Happy to help. It was great meeting everyone there. KARE 11 had the press last year, too (their first time, I think). I wish I had known about it. Last year's images were a mosquito, a loon, a lady slipper and a walleye. I found a small picture of them that I'll add to my flickr page: http://flic.kr/p/8w6mDs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: