MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help on a Garmin eTrex Legend HCX

View previous topic :: View next topic  
G35
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Help on a Garmin eTrex Legend HCX Reply with quote

Hello,
Have a question on my Garmin eTrex Legend HCX GPS. It seems like it only shows me the way points that are within 2 miles of my current position. I have a bunch other way points that are farthen then that and they don't show up in the list until you get to within 2 miles of them. I have some way points from Colorado and they don't show up. All the way points show up in the GSAK application but not on the GPS it's self.

This can't be the way it works. There has to bee a setting to change this. I have looked in the manual and online and in the settings of the GPS and can't find a way to change it.

It's frustrating to add a way point and then you can't see it in the list in the GPS to pick it as a go to.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Brad
IBcrashen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you in a cache saturated area? the unit, when searching by closes will only show the first 50. after that you have to search by name and then all of them will be listed.
seamusbleu
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this applies to your question, but under the map setup, you can control when waypoints will be shown based on the scale. For example, don't show them if the scale is set to greater than 2 miles.

It sounds like you are talking about finding a waypoint from a list, not the map. I don't have my gps with me so I can't test it, but possibly the map/scale factor also controls the waypoint list functionality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: