MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Website in the area

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Southern MN
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
m&tcacheseekers
Geocacher


Joined: 17 Oct 2007

Posts: 101

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: New Website in the area Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
Since being laid off from work with an injury, no going on 3 months, I thought i would try a new project to keep me busy and dealing with geocaching. We have decided to try and create a website for caching and cachers in the SouthWest part of the state. Nothing fancy, just something to share with others. In our site we wil have links to geocaching related websites, link the MNGCA, along with sharing documents with others for log sheets to training pamphlets, and geocaching brochures. We also will be trying our luck to set up a forums page. plans down the line with be to have a spot for others to share pictures and stories. we hope others will take a look at it andwe would welcome any suggests or comments.
our site can be found at
www.swmngeocachers.net

please remember this is our first try at a website and it is under construction with lot of work to be done and we are beginner webdesigners[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4061

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: New Website in the area Reply with quote

m&tcacheseekers wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Since being laid off from work with an injury, no going on 3 months, I thought i would try a new project to keep me busy and dealing with geocaching. We have decided to try and create a website for caching and cachers in the SouthWest part of the state. Nothing fancy, just something to share with others. In our site we wil have links to geocaching related websites, link the MNGCA, along with sharing documents with others for log sheets to training pamphlets, and geocaching brochures. We also will be trying our luck to set up a forums page. plans down the line with be to have a spot for others to share pictures and stories. we hope others will take a look at it andwe would welcome any suggests or comments.
our site can be found at
www.swmngeocachers.net

please remember this is our first try at a website and it is under construction with lot of work to be done and we are beginner webdesigners[/url]


I would rethink the way you've got your email address listed. It's just plain RIPE for being harvested by spammers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
m&tcacheseekers
Geocacher


Joined: 17 Oct 2007

Posts: 101

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate you suggestion/help..
Is there a way you can set it up so people are unable to view the source of a web page.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 29 Oct 2007

Posts: 1991

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m&tcacheseekers wrote:
I appreciate you suggestion/help..
Is there a way you can set it up so people are unable to view the source of a web page.


Add a contact form that doesn't list the email address is the best way to keep your email private that I know of.
_________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4061

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:
m&tcacheseekers wrote:
I appreciate you suggestion/help..
Is there a way you can set it up so people are unable to view the source of a web page.


Add a contact form that doesn't list the email address is the best way to keep your email private that I know of.


Or use a Javascript function.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5709

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drupal... Smile
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4061

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlogEngine.NET
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Southern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.