MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2009 State Park's Geocaching Safari
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has a 2010 turtle bonus card that they want to trade for a 2009 otter card, let me know. I'll also throw in some history or extra critter cards that my kids swiped.
tesser
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart, I've completed both. Finished up last fall in September. Haven't finished logging them yet. Only have two parks to finish logging though. Did Garden Island both times too.

I believe the most amazing pair to complete both years is Nestaron&Aranel. I think they finished in about a month both years, and finished first last year. Incredible!
Bunganator
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ammo can at Fort Snelling was not in ideal shape. 2 of the 3 hinge pins are missing and the lid falls off. When I found it, the lid was not closed properly and the log was damp. I think a replacement can that is in working order would help newer cachers close it properly. I did post a maintenance log, but I thought that bringing it up here would help lead to action if it is deemed necessary.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunganator wrote:
The ammo can at Fort Snelling was not in ideal shape. 2 of the 3 hinge pins are missing and the lid falls off. When I found it, the lid was not closed properly and the log was damp. I think a replacement can that is in working order would help newer cachers close it properly. I did post a maintenance log, but I thought that bringing it up here would help lead to action if it is deemed necessary.

Thanks for letting me know. That's my park so I'll see about getting it replaced. Thanks again!
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coords leading to stage 2 at Sakatah are off by quite a bit. It's been mentioned a ton of times in the logs. Andy, can you see if you can get them to actually fix it?
Bunganator
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
The coords leading to stage 2 at Sakatah are off by quite a bit. It's been mentioned a ton of times in the logs. Andy, can you see if you can get them to actually fix it?

I saw your name on that log today. I had stage 2 about 50 feet off.
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:

I will send the word.
Bunganator
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunganator wrote:
Pear Head wrote:

I saw your name on that log today. I had stage 2 about 50 feet off.

In addition to this, stage 1 of the Sakatah Safari cache was placed only 400 feet from an existing cache. I'm guessing it was missed among the mass publishing of the caches.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The initial coords to Great River Bluffs are another example. I took better coordinates but have since lost them.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the first stage is at the office, although the coordinates point nearest to a stop sign about 100' past the office (for me anyway).
flaggal
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my annual pass memorial weekend of 2010. I have hit 15 state park caches since than. It is now August 26th 2010. According to my figures I have about 2 years left of caching the state park caches...is this DOABLE? Without killing myself? Today I hit 4 State Caches..I left at 6:30am and got home around 4ish Those 4 caches took me about 10 hours and 350 miles...I hit one cache that was not a State Park Cache.....Urrggg....Long, Long day...But I am having fun and scouting camping areas that will appeal to me in the near future...
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flaggal wrote:
I bought my annual pass memorial weekend of 2010. I have hit 15 state park caches since than. It is now August 26th 2010. According to my figures I have about 2 years left of caching the state park caches...is this DOABLE? Without killing myself? Today I hit 4 State Caches..I left at 6:30am and got home around 4ish Those 4 caches took me about 10 hours and 350 miles...I hit one cache that was not a State Park Cache.....Urrggg....Long, Long day...But I am having fun and scouting camping areas that will appeal to me in the near future...

Next year is the last year of the Safari caches
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flaggal wrote:

Several cachers completed the History Challenge in less than 6 months. Many have completed the Safari in less than six months as well. It took me 6 months for history and that was brutal. I spent exactly a year doing the safari, It was worth every drop of gas in my opinion.
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GC1P4ZV St. Croix Islands/Boom Site Wildlife Safari has gone MIA and apparently there are no plans to replace it. It needs to be either disabled or archived - I know I wasted 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back looking for it.
qwerty2582
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again?? Wow...

This spring I was out there and stage 1 was missing one day, and we couldn't brute force the final. The next time we were back, all stages were in place... but the final was not an ammo can (nor was it very waterproof), making me think it had been replaced. Apparently they just flat out need a new location...
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
GC1P4ZV St. Croix Islands/Boom Site Wildlife Safari has gone MIA and apparently there are no plans to replace it. It needs to be either disabled or archived - I know I wasted 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back looking for it.

You should mark it with a SBA log. That would get their attention. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: