MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for Cache of the Month - June - 2010

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache gets your vote for June 2010 Cache of the Month?
Lateral Potholes
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
In the Shadows of the Falls
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
The Sword In The Stone
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
Shake your cache thang
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Vote for Cache of the Month - June - 2010 Reply with quote

It's that time again! Time to vote for June 2010's Cache of the Month! You have until the end on June to vote so do some research, or better yet, go find those caches and vote! Good luck to all, and remember, just being nominated makes the cache one of the top in the state! [Don't forget to get those July CotM nominations in, cause as of this post there are, uhm, none!]

(GC272EE) "Lateral Potholes" by bflentje nominated by seldon

Lateral Potholes (and The Descent) has it all - exquisite spot, well-done container, sweet trip to the cache, challenge. Do these two caches if you have the means to do so!

I realize this one will probably not win, since few cachers will make the grab, but it really is worthy of the honor.

(GC25W18) "In the Shadows of the Falls" by Bunganator nominated by 15Tango

This one is in one of those spots that is truly a hidden gem, just down the ravine towards the Mississippi from the University of Saint Thomas. It offers a challenge to get to and a decent sized cache container at the end. There are a lot of truly amazing caches along the Mississippi off East River Road and West River Road, but this one stands out above the rest.

(GC27N0W) "The Sword In The Stone" by Diehard50248 nominated by knowschad

Its been a while since I have nominated a cache for CotM, but today I found one that I feel deserves the attention of at least being nominated. I've always been a fan of clever caches, and ones that go way beyond the normal in effort, creativity, and execution. At this point, there are only 8 finds on this cache, but take a look at the comments in those logs!

I would strongly encourage you to run up to the Maplewood/Woodbury area and check this cache out.

(GC27M3X) "Shake your cache thang" by M&TCachseekers nominated by loneeagle_24

I was just at a cache this weekend that I think deserves at least a nomination. Cache is fairly new and I haven't seen one like this before. I was able to get the FTF on this one. This cache is uniques in it's own way. I hate to give away too much but this cache can be mighty frustrating if you are trying to hurry with it. This cache has upped the challenge for me. If you get a chance to get out this way and have some time I highly recommend this cache, that is if the people fishing don't get in the way.
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Diehard50248! "The Sword In The Stone" (GC27N0W) has been voted June Cache of the Month!

Thanks to everyone who nominated, voted, and of course made all the great caches nominated this month. Keep them coming and if you haven't found them yet, go enjoy the summer and find all these great caches! Remember a cache that was nominated one month can be renominated after a month off!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: