MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting July 2010 Cache Of The Month Nominations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Accepting July 2010 Cache Of The Month Nominations Reply with quote

9 nominated caches in the last 2 months!! Keep those nominations coming!!

Nominations for July cache of the month are open now (from June 1st to June 30th). If full details check here, but short version if you find an outstanding cache recently, reply to this post with the caches name and what made it so special that you want to nominate it for Cache of the Month!

It's officially summer! We get 3 months to see how those southern states live, so get outside and do some caching!! Keep those high quality caches coming!!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that everyone life it busy with graduation parties and enjoying the warm months while we can... but surely someone must be doing some caching and found a cache that they think would be worth the nomination! Wink

Plus don't forget that caches that aren't part of the June CotM that didn't get the big prize in during their voting are eligible to be renominated...
RudeRat
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(GC2533T) "Power & Water " by stealth11 nominated by RudeRat

NiceRat and I found this one in a park full of wonderful caches. Stealth11 has placed several fun and creative caches in this little park, each deserving of recognition. I have selected Power & Water to nominate simply because it made me laugh, out loud, in the woods. Once you have done a few caches in the park, you will feel the same anticipation I did about what the next one will be. This was the last one for us, and it was not what I expected. We enjoyed it and hope you make the trip to enjoy it as well. Thanks for the giggle stealth11!
seldon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nominate Red Eye (night cache) http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=0b7399b4-d4d4-4eb4-b6ea-95a6ff9dbff5 by jaklimber. Must be done at night, just follow instructions on cache page. Very creative, a fun, kid-friendly, adult-friendly, short multi.
Hal-oween
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate GC21JAT Wall of Frustration by TheDazzlerD.
This was a really fun and challenging multi and it made me laugh out loud a couple of times. Very creative and original use of the hide location. A great one for little kids, too, because the terrain is not difficult and they will have fun helping the grownups. All in all, a cool twist on the game.
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

July Cache of the Month (CotM) Nominations are now closed (but Nominations for August are now open [url=]here[/url]).

Your contenders...

(GC2533T) "Power & Water " by stealth11 nominated by RudeRat

NiceRat and I found this one in a park full of wonderful caches. Stealth11 has placed several fun and creative caches in this little park, each deserving of recognition. I have selected Power & Water to nominate simply because it made me laugh, out loud, in the woods. Once you have done a few caches in the park, you will feel the same anticipation I did about what the next one will be. This was the last one for us, and it was not what I expected. We enjoyed it and hope you make the trip to enjoy it as well. Thanks for the giggle stealth11!

(GC1RXKW) Red Eye (night cache) by jaklimber nominated by seldon.

Must be done at night, just follow instructions on cache page. Very creative, a fun, kid-friendly, adult-friendly, short multi.

(GC21JAT) Wall of Frustration by TheDazzlerD nominated by Hal-oween.

This was a really fun and challenging multi and it made me laugh out loud a couple of times. Very creative and original use of the hide location. A great one for little kids, too, because the terrain is not difficult and they will have fun helping the grownups. All in all, a cool twist on the game.

So go find them and come back between July 20th & July 31st to vote for the July Cache of the Month!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: