MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teams? Pick-up caching events?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Teams? Pick-up caching events? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've noticed that some folks here go caching on weeknights as a group. I have also noticed some people go caching as "teams".

With the exception of attending KB's Geo 101 event back in April and occasionally going out caching with the boyfriend (he really isn't that interested in caching) I have not cached with anyone else. I was unable to attend the spring event at Minnehaha Park and the last breakfast buddies date got away from me too, grumble. Things have settled down a bit for me at work now, so I should be able to get more active.

I figure it would be more fun to cache with a group... at least I wouldn't be the only one kvetching about the bugs and how tough it is to find certain caches!

So my question is: is there anyone out there who is interested in picking up another team member? I'm also interested in upcoming local events, so I'll try and keep an eye on this forum so I don't miss them. By the way, I live in Little Canada- very close to Roseville, Maplewood and the north-central suburbs. If anyone is interested in going as a group I'd love to tag along and learn from those who have found many more caches than me (which is most of you).

Jackie
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iw we ever get another night caching group together (watch under events), you are more than welcome to come with us.
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SG, thanks! I will keep an eye on the Events section of the site. I'm looking forward to meeting more of you!
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A team name generally is just a family, ie my family cache as Team Wicket, rather than log finds individually we log them under the one name. Gatherings and some group efforts are discussed here and some are just friends calling each other for a day out. If you see something here and want to join the fun, just speak up, you won't be turned away.

But do pay attention, a recent group effort suddenly became the Skinny Dippin' Caching Crew. You may want to opt out again if that happens. (or not)

Liverbird, of Team Wicket, aka WWPP, formerly Wickets wandering pony patrol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll cache in groups, but I hesistate to skinny dip in groups Razz

Lately I've been caching with FSU*noles, mostly on the west side. Might be planning a eau claire run soon... Take in one of those 40 caches in a day deal Smile

But I'm kinda in your area buzzy, I'd be happy to have some company. Personally I'd like to hit up the St Croix area, there's a few in Stillwater I'd like to get, then up and down the river area.
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:

But I'm kinda in your area buzzy, I'd be happy to have some company. Personally I'd like to hit up the St Croix area, there's a few in Stillwater I'd like to get, then up and down the river area.

Alright! I love the St. Croix area-- haven't done any caches that far east, and I've got a travel bug in my possession that wants to head that way. Let me know if you are free one evening this week (I can't go Thursday), or Saturday, or most any evening next week. Be glad to join ya.

Jackie
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Wicket wrote:
But do pay attention, a recent group effort suddenly became the Skinny Dippin' Caching Crew. You may want to opt out again if that happens. (or not)

Embarassed Whoa... wellllll... I'm not sure about skinny-dipping, haven't done that since I was like a teenager, but... you never know... I can be kinda crazy at times!! Surprised
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can be kinda crazy at times!!

THAT's what I'm talkin' about !
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear KB,
In case you didn't notice, you weren't talkin'. Shocked Hee Hee.

Taking my spoon and stiring it, stiring it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Lyverbird on Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I can't wait to meet some of you! All of you, even!
DigiFerret
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't say things you may regret later! Wink

No, really, it's fun to group cache. You get to stand around and taunt the other's after you find the cache first and not reveal it's location, even when they sit on it any you say "no, really, you're right on top of it"!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: