MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2010 Geotech Event
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a great event!!! My log book shows 58 signatures and another 8 people who attended but weren't listed, so 66 attends, not bad at all.

Huge thank you to everyone who helped; I dont' want to forget anyone, but here's some people who really made the day go better:
Mrs. Mizzou, Bus&Betty, loneeagle_24, Trista, TechGeoJim, GopherJen, speedysk1,Red_Devil35, MnBrad, EPMinnesota, oakwilt, lmninmn and everyone else who pitched in and took charge of something that needed doing.

Even though m&tcacheseekers couldn't make it, his CD's were a huge help.

I'd like to collect the Power Point presentations and post them on my site, I'll link to them here and on the cache page...if you presented and are willing to share a power point presentation, or any other material, please send it to me...you can PM me for my email address if you don't have it.

Again, huge thank you to the Oakdale Parks people for donating the building to us.

Thanks!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job zman and the rest of the helpers! You all did an awesome job!
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sir_Zman! It was a great event and I learned enough about GSAK to get me headed towards playing like the big kids! You guys did a great job with your presentations and there were a lot of new faces which was GREAT! Thanks to everyone who helped with food, setup, takedown, asking questions I didn't think of until they asked, and for all the friendly chitchat as well!
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Z!
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The event went well and was a success. Wish M&TCacheSeekers could have been there to enjoy it as well. The CD's that he made just went like hotcakes. I'm not sure how many additional copies were made of the CD's, but they were well appreciated by all. It seemed like the GSAK classes were the most sought out classes of the whole day. Nice to hear alot of people found these classes useful and now can cache a little bit easier. Those that got the CD's need to remember that the macros do occasionally get updated, but at least you get an idea of what is there and you can work the info to help you along.

A big thanks to Sir Z-man for organizing this! And to Oakdale parks dept for the use of the two rooms and the kitchenette to allow us to have at least a basic meal during the break.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has any feedback on things that went well, or even better, things that could have been done better, please post them here; so next time someone is looking at doing this, they'll have a reference.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dionesiamn
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The event was great. I would only say that maybe having two tracks - one for beginners and one for the more experienced might work too. We went to the TB class that ran at the same time as the 101 class. These were both (in my opinion) suited for the new cacher. We really thought it would be helpful if the newer cachers could have heard that presentation since Jim talked about the "etiquette" of TBs. We went to the Wherigo class in the afternoon but missed the first part of Gsak, both which seemed geared to the more experienced cacher. I don't know if this is feasible, but just a suggestion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: