MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

caching in WWPP area

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: caching in WWPP area Reply with quote

I am planning on being up in WWPP Smile area and also plan on getting a bunch of the team Dead-head caches in that area on the weekend of the forth of July. If anyone wants or has any bugs Smile or Lakers pieces Smile they want to get out west please drop them in the caches around that area that I have not already visited, and I'll do my best to find them and get them over to western MN. Depending on their goals maybe a little ways into SD. I'll be hoping to get a couple more Lakers pieces moved out west if I can find them in any of these caches that weekend.
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How cool is that?

Just to let you, the parade (in your honor of course) starts at 2pm, because it's on a Sunday. Nothing in town will move from about 1:45, (gets tought about 1:30) for about 2 - 2 1/2hrs. I'll be in it, with the Silver Bullet Saddle Club. I'll probably be in the last pair of horses, carrying a red banner flag. Salsa Bean will be on the left on a gray arab, I'll be on the right on a chestnut Morgan.

3rd base is on parade route and will be tricky to get at that time, but not impossible. Sealth will be key.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Wicket wrote:
Stealth will be key.

For information on proper stealth techniques while hunting this particular cache see here...

Last edited by Marsha and Silent Bob on Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For information on proper stealth techniques

You guys are nuts !Where's your arctic camo ?
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have a few TB's that I picked up in SD this past weekend to distribute in that area. I may even start a couple of new ones I have been pondering on goals for yet. Not sure when I will be in the Annandale area. It might be either real early or later in the day.

I plan on making a big loop of the area. Hopefully I can get around 20 finds or more on that Sunday. Unless of course I have trouble finding them. Shocked Plan on either starting on the lower end, just north of HWY 7, or the upper area around Annadale, then making a big loop.
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier or later in the day? Ok, I'll cancel the parade we were having for you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think I was a celebrity. Shocked Am I Grand Marshall of the parade????? THAT WOULD BE COOL!! I will be all paradeed out by that time. I have already been in 3 parades (with our float from work. I had to pull 2 of the three parades and will have to pull it on Saturday, also) and have one this Saturday in Granite Falls for Western Fest. They have a rodeo Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night this week. Granite has their 125th anniversary this year.

I just don't know which way I'm going to start yet. I will hopefully figure that out this weekend. I need to plan how many I'm going to try to find and in what order. It would be real cool if I could go a whole day without having a "no find" in there. I just about had that last weekend when I went 11 of 12 and then to find out the one I couldn't find had been muggled. I just happened to be the first one to not find it and the cache owner went and checked on it and it was gone. I was that close to having a perfect day. Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: