MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interest in OpenStreetMap Mapping Party?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iandees
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Interest in OpenStreetMap Mapping Party? Reply with quote

My name is Ian and I'm working on setting up a OpenStreetMap Mapping Party in the Twin Cities area in the next month or two. If you are unfamiliar with OpenStreetMap, I invite you to check out the website (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/). In short, it's a free wiki map of the world. Anyone can edit the map by adding or changing roads, points of interest and more. A mapping party is a local gathering where a bunch of people that know a particular area get together and map a certain area. In some cases this involves carrying around a GPS unit, pen and paper to note what you see around you. This data is then brought back together and entered into the system. Afterwards, the participants are invited to network and celebrate at a nearby bar.

I'm wondering if any Minnesota Geocaching members would be interested in being part of this. If you're interested, please let me know so I can more accurately gauge interest and start working on a date and venue. I'm also interested in hearing about any other organizations in the area that might be interested in participating.

Thanks!
Ian
mazzmn
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested, PM sent, thx
orange&blue
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested, depending on the details of course (when & where).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: