MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting June 2010 Cache Of The Month Nominations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Accepting June 2010 Cache Of The Month Nominations Reply with quote

Wow, 5 nominations for May!! Keep those nominations coming!!

Nominations for June cache of the month are open now (from May 1st to May 31st).

So when your out there enjoying spring and finding those caches, if you find a good one nominate it!! The full guidelines can be found here, but for the most part, it's as simple as writing up the name of the cache and what you liked about it without giving anything away (we promise not to send census pollers to your door Wink. Keep those high quality caches coming!!
seldon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Lateral Potholes http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d89c29c6-0b2e-495e-85a8-2c79a19764dd
(GC272EE) by bflentje. The one that is close by (The Descent - Not the Movie GC272D5) is very similiar, and deserves nomination in its own right, so do both at the same time.

Lateral Potholes (and The Descent) has it all - exquisite spot, well-done container, sweet trip to the cache, challenge. Do these two caches if you have the means to do so!

I realize this one will probably not win, since few cachers will make the grab, but it really is worthy of the honor.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate In the Shadows of the Falls by Bunganator (GC25W18). This one is in one of those spots that is truly a hidden gem, just down the ravine towards the Mississippi from the University of Saint Thomas. It offers a challenge to get to and a decent sized cache container at the end. There are a lot of truly amazing caches along the Mississippi off East River Road and West River Road, but this one stands out above the rest.
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been a while since I have nominated a cache for CotM, but today I found one that I feel deserves the attention of at least being nominated. I've always been a fan of clever caches, and ones that go way beyond the normal in effort, creativity, and execution. At this point, there are only 8 finds on this cache, but take a look at the comments in those logs!

The cache I am referring to is The Sword In The Stone (GC27N0W) by Diehard50248: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=8b4d9489-495b-43a8-b21a-556b1f9f9286

I would strongly encourage you to run up to the Maplewood/Woodbury area and check this cache out.

[/url]
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to add to the list for June COTM nominees.

The cache I'm reffering to is "Shake your cache thang" by M&TCachseekers.
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=466b210e-f921-4de4-abcd-9dc6bdb2ee31

I was just at a cache this weekend that I think deserves at least a nomination. Cache is fairly new and I haven't seen one like this before. I was able to get the FTF on this one. This cache is uniques in it's own way. I hate to give away too much but this cache can be mighty frustrating if you are trying to hurry with it. This cache has upped the challenge for me. If you get a chance to get out this way and have some time I highly recommend this cache, that is if the people fishing don't get in the way.
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nominations for June cache of the month are now closed... the caches that have been nominated for June Cache of the Month are....

(GC272EE) "Lateral Potholes" by bflentje nominated by seldon
(GC25W18) "In the Shadows of the Falls" by Bunganator nominated by 15Tango
(GC27N0W) "The Sword In The Stone" by Diehard50248 nominated by knowschad
(GC27M3X) "Shake your cache thang" by M&TCachseekers nominated by loneeagle_24

Congratulations to all! On the 20th of June a poll will be opened and voting for June Cache of the Month will continue till the end of June, so go find these caches, let us know what you think of them, and vote for your favorite!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: