MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Birthday Party Ideas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imagination_Movers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Birthday Party Ideas Reply with quote

Our son is turning 7 next month and to celebrate his birthday we are thinking about having a Geocaching birthday party. Any ideas, suggestions, experiences, recommendations would be greatly appreciated. We are fairly new to Geocaching, but we are already addicted! Thank you! Very Happy
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Birthday Party Ideas Reply with quote

Imagination_Movers wrote:
Our son is turning 7 next month and to celebrate his birthday we are thinking about having a Geocaching birthday party. Any ideas, suggestions, experiences, recommendations would be greatly appreciated. We are fairly new to Geocaching, but we are already addicted! Thank you! Very Happy

Give him coords only, and make him find his own birthday presents!
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this at my son's 8th party and the kids loved it. What I did was hide temporary caches in the neighborhood. Each one had coordinates to the next, a 4 stage multi. I filled them with goody bag type stuff including candy since they were temps (the final was giant with huge candy bars in it). We had about 6 kids so I just gave them the gps and some bags to hold their loot and they followed the arrow to the caches. Those kids RAN from cache to cache and had a good time. The caches were pretty close together and it took about 45 minutes total.
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
I did this at my son's 8th party and the kids loved it. What I did was hide temporary caches in the neighborhood. Each one had coordinates to the next, a 4 stage multi. I filled them with goody bag type stuff including candy since they were temps (the final was giant with huge candy bars in it). We had about 6 kids so I just gave them the gps and some bags to hold their loot and they followed the arrow to the caches. Those kids RAN from cache to cache and had a good time. The caches were pretty close together and it took about 45 minutes total.

I did something similar for my sons birthday. We hid 5 lock-n-lock's around the neighborhood with each each kids name on it. The lock-n-lock was filled with the goodies and was theirs to keep when they found it. I put the coords in the GPSr with each kids name as the cache name and whatever name came up next got to hold the GPS and find their cache. They had a blast. We then went and found a couple real ones so they knew that they don't get to "take" the cache when the find it.
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
dornole wrote:

I did something similar for my sons birthday. We hid 5 lock-n-lock's around the neighborhood with each each kids name on it. The lock-n-lock was filled with the goodies and was theirs to keep when they found it. I put the coords in the GPSr with each kids name as the cache name and whatever name came up next got to hold the GPS and find their cache. They had a blast. We then went and found a couple real ones so they knew that they don't get to "take" the cache when the find it.

These are some really good ideas!

Just gave me a good idea for this year's Easter Bunny visit!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: