MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Only in my world

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Only in my world Reply with quote

So I get sent to Brooklyn Center tonight to get some "real estate" shots of some house involved in a murder... so I get up there and notice a nearby cache, and the house in question no yellow tape or anything that screams a crime occurred here. So I call my people and they say they think it may have involved some sort of golf course or park within walking distance, and sure enough I see a cop car and yellow tape. So off we go to shoot the latest in crime. So while I'm there I see I'm only 350 feet from the cache, hmmm a 2 for 1 work and a cache. But nooooo some criminal had to basically commit his crime super close to ground zero, so it was all yellow taped off. What a bummer. I could only get to within 150 feet of the cache, and I'm thinking they wouldn't have liked me searching around, just a guess. (Oh and said moron in question is in custody, I guess it was some domestic-related type thing, nothing to fear in Brooklyn Center) Just my luck... all in a day's work I guess.
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Only in my world Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
So I get sent to Brooklyn Center tonight to get some "real estate" shots of some house involved in a murder... so I get up there and notice a nearby cache, and the house in question no yellow tape or anything that screams a crime occurred here. So I call my people and they say they think it may have involved some sort of golf course or park within walking distance, and sure enough I see a cop car and yellow tape. So off we go to shoot the latest in crime. So while I'm there I see I'm only 350 feet from the cache, hmmm a 2 for 1 work and a cache. But nooooo some criminal had to basically commit his crime super close to ground zero, so it was all yellow taped off. What a bummer. I could only get to within 150 feet of the cache, and I'm thinking they wouldn't have liked me searching around, just a guess. (Oh and said moron in question is in custody, I guess it was some domestic-related type thing, nothing to fear in Brooklyn Center) Just my luck... all in a day's work I guess.

I saw the pictures on the news and recognized the area as a place I had found a cache.
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there and found the cache also, minus the yellow crime seen tape.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it been disabled? What attribute would you use for that, the skull & crossbones?
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
Has it been disabled? What attribute would you use for that, the skull & crossbones?

I posted a note saying they may want to check just to make sure it survived the search for evidence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: