MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - Fantasy Football style game?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - Fantasy Football style game? Reply with quote

In the past I have hosted a football fantasy style game for Survivor, Amazing Race, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, and more among my internet friends. It is hosted on a yahoo group website. I was wondering if there is any interest in a game for this season's Survivor that's coming up. How it works is each week you would enter your picks for a variety of questions such as who you think will win the reward challenge, the immunity challenge, what the reward challenge will be, etc and some random questions that change each week such as who carries the flag to a particular challenge, who is shown reading mail, etc. The weeks database is usually opened within 24 hours after the previous show and closes at midnight Sunday or Monday night. There are usually only as many players as there are castaways (at least in the past) as each player is randomly given a castaway to cheer/jeer for during the season.

We've usually ponied up a donation of $10 each person for prizes in the past for the person with most points at the end of the season, person with the winning castaway, etc. We also play an online version of Survivor Bingo partway through the season and halfway through the season we make our picks for the final 4. There are winners/prizes usually for those games as well.

I've took over hosting these type of games from a friend years ago so have several seasons worth of experience and fun. Questions? Comments? Just fishing to see if there's any interest since the new season of Survivor is a month away.
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN! Not ashamed to say it, I have seen every single Survivor episode since day 1! Sounds like fun EP. Count myself and Gilby #2 in for two of the spots if wanted and needed.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in. We could go as a team, or individually.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super! I've picked up a few other people that have pm'd me! We can have a total of 20 players to really make it fun!

I too have watched every episode since the beginning. The past few seasons have just gotten better and better!
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for 10 more players!
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 5 spots left out of 20! Several cachers playing this season!
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game is full! Thanks everyone! Should be a fun game this season!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: