MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2010 MnGCA t-shirt
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: 2010 MnGCA t-shirt Reply with quote

We are looking for design ideas for the 2010 MnGCA t-shirt. Designs received will be submitted, anonymously, to the membership for a vote, which will determine the winner. Please send your submissions to board@mngca.org. Last date to submit a design is January 10, 2010.

Up to 4 colors on one side of the shirt (front or back). No wrap-arounds. Shirt color can be recommended by designer. No patch on shoulder.
Probably approximately 12" diameter.

We ask two things, the year & MnGCA be somehow incorporated into your design.

Last edited by Red_Devil35 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this get posted to the main page as well...may get a couple more people interested...
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything in it for the winner besides bragging rights?
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've received our first design submission, who's next?
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like fun. I'll try to make time to take a shot over the winter holidays.

Are there specs for the design, or is it pretty much do whatever you want regardless of cost?

For example...

Are we limited to a certain number of colors in the design? Can there be a design on both front and back to the shirt? Can we wrap the design around the body of the shirt? Can we put a patch on the shoulder, etc? Is the t-shirt fabric going to be a certain color (white, gray), or can we just designate/recommend a color with the design?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To follow up on Sharknose Bunnies questions:

Are you planning on doing these on Cafepress or independently?
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
To follow up on Sharknose Bunnies questions:

Are you planning on doing these on Cafepress or independently?

We are looking at an independent provider, andrewmmc knows a guy.
spd2662
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lady up in the Duluth area who does excellent screen printing and embroidery for cheaper than I've seen anywhere. I can pm info if you're interested.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharknose Bunnies wrote:
This sounds like fun. I'll try to make time to take a shot over the winter holidays.

Are there specs for the design, or is it pretty much do whatever you want regardless of cost?

For example...

Are we limited to a certain number of colors in the design? Can there be a design on both front and back to the shirt? Can we wrap the design around the body of the shirt? Can we put a patch on the shoulder, etc? Is the t-shirt fabric going to be a certain color (white, gray), or can we just designate/recommend a color with the design?

Up to 4 colors on one side of the shirt (front or back). No wrap-arounds. Shirt color can be recommended by designer. No patch on shoulder.
Probably approximately 12" diameter.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Only one design? Come on people. I know we have several graphic artists out there. Show us your stuff!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
Really? Only one design? Come on people. I know we have several graphic artists out there. Show us your stuff!

Try KBaynPapaBear, he's a graphics artist and unfortunately unemployed again. He does not frequent these forums.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:

Try KBaynPapaBear, he's a graphics artist and unfortunately unemployed again. He does not frequent these forums.

Thanks, I will shoot him a message.
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: 2010 MnGCA t-shirt Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
Last date to submit a design is January 10, 2010.

This is still the final date correct?
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 2010 MnGCA t-shirt Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:

That is the date we are shooting for yes. Submitting a design is just the first step in the process, and we want the shirts ready to go before the spring event.
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 2010 MnGCA t-shirt Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
timewellspent wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:

That is the date we are shooting for yes. Submitting a design is just the first step in the process, and we want the shirts ready to go before the spring event.

Thanks Red, I have a friend that I think is working on one. I will give him another nudge since I don't think he is on the forums much. That was also why I asked if anything was in it for the winner (free shirt, coin etc.)

Thanks again,

-DK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: