MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Nuvi 500 (HELP)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maznroll
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 500 (HELP) Reply with quote

My Nuvi 500 say's the communicator plugin is instaled and working, that I put in threw my P.C. but when I load a cache into the GPS,or pocket queries it say's it's not detecting a communicator plugin device. What can I do so the Nuvi 500 will except caches, and pocket queries? Maznroll

Last edited by maznroll on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure about the 500 series Nuvi, but I used the custom waypoint loader I believe. Here is the link.
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto. I've never used the Communicator plug-in for my Nuvi. I use Garmin's POI Loader (along with the GSAK macro by PilotSnipes)
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maznroll got his problem fixed thanks to garmin tech support. Thanks for helping
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

butcherandswimmer wrote:
Maznroll got his problem fixed thanks to garmin tech support. Thanks for helping

Glad to hear! I think they have great tech support compared to others out there.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

butcherandswimmer wrote:

What was the problem? I am wondering if their is a better way of doing it on a Nuvi since I have a Nuvi 765T
The Hipster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jam3s wrote:
butcherandswimmer wrote:

What was the problem? I am wondering if their is a better way of doing it on a Nuvi since I have a Nuvi 765T

GSAK: The best way I've found to populate Nuvi's is an export of all the caches you want in GSAK as one combined .GPX file onto your hard drive or memory stick. The slide the .GPX file straight to the Nuvi hooked to your PC w/USB cable. Just open up the Garmin/GPX folder & copy in the file. The method works darn well with Colorados & Oregons too.
X51hz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hipster wrote:
Jam3s wrote:
butcherandswimmer wrote:

GSAK: The best way I've found to populate Nuvi's is an export of all the caches you want in GSAK as one combined .GPX file onto your hard drive or memory stick. The slide the .GPX file straight to the Nuvi hooked to your PC w/USB cable. Just open up the Garmin/GPX folder & copy in the file. The method works darn well with Colorados & Oregons too.

this all I do with both the NUvi and the colorado but I just drag and drop the PQ files in after they are unzipped
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: