MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating a Signature line

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrRogersNghbor
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Creating a Signature line Reply with quote

So I have been struggling to edit / create my signature line. Can I get some help in figuring it out?

Thanks!
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Creating a Signature line Reply with quote

MrRogersNghbor wrote:
So I have been struggling to edit / create my signature line. Can I get some help in figuring it out?

Thanks!

From the FAQ's:

How do I add a signature to my post?
To add a signature to a post you must first create one; this is done via your profile. Once created you can check the Add Signature box on the posting form to add your signature. You can also add a signature by default to all your posts by checking the appropriate radio box in your profile. You can still prevent a signature being added to individual posts by un-checking the add signature box on the posting form.
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Creating a Signature line Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
MrRogersNghbor wrote:

Thanks!

From the FAQ's:

How do I add a signature to my post?
To add a signature to a post you must first create one; this is done via your profile. Once created you can check the Add Signature box on the posting form to add your signature. You can also add a signature by default to all your posts by checking the appropriate radio box in your profile. You can still prevent a signature being added to individual posts by un-checking the add signature box on the posting form.

And after looking at "these" directions I don't see any place where you would add a sig line either Shocked
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Creating a Signature line Reply with quote

Moving to website...

timewellspent wrote:
MrRogersNghbor wrote:

Thanks!

From the FAQ's:

Can you tell me where exactly that's from? It's wrong...

When we merged the new site software with the forum software we also started using the new site software (Drupal)'s profile editing abilities, and stopped using the forum profiles.

Those that HAD a signature kept it - the data was retained in the database.

There's no ability (at the moment) to edit the signatures AFAIK (as well as a couple of other minor items). This is the first time it's been brought up.

We're looking into upgrading the phpbb software to version 3. I doubt there will be much for changes until that happens.

Sorry.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking everywhere. I think that after a recent build that this function was taken away. I have not been able to see where you can modify them or add in messengers anymore. But people still have them.
MrRogersNghbor
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and those of us who don't, can't. I have been unable to find any way of creating a signature line in my profile.

Sorry. I didn't finish reading Pear Head's answer and it was from the FAQ's.

Last edited by MrRogersNghbor on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Creating a Signature line Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
Moving to website...

timewellspent wrote:
MrRogersNghbor wrote:

Thanks!

From the FAQ's:

Can you tell me where exactly that's from? It's wrong...

When we merged the new site software with the forum software we also started using the new site software (Drupal)'s profile editing abilities, and stopped using the forum profiles.

Those that HAD a signature kept it - the data was retained in the database.

There's no ability (at the moment) to edit the signatures AFAIK (as well as a couple of other minor items). This is the first time it's been brought up.

We're looking into upgrading the phpbb software to version 3. I doubt there will be much for changes until that happens.

Sorry.

It is on the FAQs for the forum.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Creating a Signature line Reply with quote

Jam3s wrote:

Thanks. It's gone now.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Creating a Signature line Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
Jam3s wrote:

Thanks. It's gone now.

No, thank you! Extremely fast!
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be careful on what you write, and thats all I am going to say.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn...I wanted to add something to mine...

...On a positive note...the search feature works!!!

(Otherwise we would have had another thread about sig lines...) Wink
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to edit mine ... somebody changed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: