MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Phone.......................

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Garmin Phone....................... Reply with quote

I'm in need of a new phone, and i saw this today at my local ATT store. http://www8.garmin.com/nuvifone/
i would not use this for caching, but wondering if anyone out there has got this phone, and how they like it??

Thank you for your time!!

Peace,
Joboo
joboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is the iPhone. Peace, Joboo
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice in the specs that it doesn't say that it has a GPS embedded. Since the AT&T network sucks outside of the local area. Like it doesn't work from Worthington MN all the way to Rapid City SD on I-90, ask the sale rep what happens when you are outside cellular coverage, both 3G and AT&T entirely. Oh and by the way roaming doesn't work on I-90 either. So ask what happens when you drop coverage entirely or can't reach a cell tower. I seriously doubt that it will work as a GPS for even road navigation at that point.
joboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
I notice in the specs that it doesn't say that it has a GPS embedded. Since the AT&T network sucks outside of the local area. Like it doesn't work from Worthington MN all the way to Rapid City SD on I-90, ask the sale rep what happens when you are outside cellular coverage, both 3G and AT&T entirely. Oh and by the way roaming doesn't work on I-90 either. So ask what happens when you drop coverage entirely or can't reach a cell tower. I seriously doubt that it will work as a GPS for even road navigation at that point.

Wow, that sounds like great coverage Wink, I thought that only happened up here.
3G what's that? Lol

Peace

GPSr.... Only way to go!

Peace
spd2662
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you watch the training videos it says you can find where you are even when you are out of cellular service areas so it appears that the navigation is separate from the phone function.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: