MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commercialization of geocaches through Jeep TBs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sui generis wrote:
aren't the big GEOCACHING.COM stickers plastered on the sides of caches also advertising?

I only have 3 caches with those stickers on them..... they list what a cache is and I also put my email address on it.
(not that I am promoting sticker use - they are over priced for what they do)

Anyway..... the only caches I have ever gotten a "Hi I found this thing in the woods - tell me about it" email was from those three caches. Most times the muggles say they saw my email on the outside label and decided to write..... then I direct them to geo.com.

I am not convinced anybody reads those geo-info notes we all faithfully add to the caches.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I only have 3 caches with those stickers on them.....

I hope nobody feels like I was pointing fingers at anyone in particular, because I wasn't. I certainly see the utility of having certain information labled on the cache.
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sui generis wrote:
I hope nobody feels like I was pointing fingers at anyone in particular, because I wasn't. I certainly see the utility of having certain information labled on the cache.

Didn't think you were finger pointing... I just thought it was unusual that the only emails I have ever gotten from casual finds were on those three caches.
Folks read the outside label and don't read the inside info sheet. (just my opinion - not based in fact)

Last edited by Centris on Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sometimes an outside label can help too, especially in the case of a ammo box, people find stuff like that and might freak out, granted the label only slightly lessens that probability...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: