MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pocket Queries on a Mac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seeingitdifferent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Pocket Queries on a Mac Reply with quote

I am having trouble getting pocket queries to load on my Colorado 300 using my Mac. Does anyone have advice on which program to use and how it is done?
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a mac so I can't say with 100% accuracy, but on a PC with the Colorado/Oregon series it is basically a drag and drop type thing. Basically I save the .GPX files on my PC where I can find them, then open the Garmin folder on the GPS, then the GPX folder within the Garmin folder and drag the GPX files over to that folder. The only other thing I can think of is if you have the "spanner" mode going on the GPS, where it asks you what you want to do with the USB device, I can't remember the exact question, I just know that to get it to see the GPS as a "drive" with folders you answer Yes on the GPS. I would think it is similar for a Mac, but I don't know for sure. You might look on Garmin's website as far GPX files and Mac's for additional help.
seeingitdifferent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: That did it Reply with quote

Thank you very much!!!! That did it! Now I can load a whole bunch of caches! I cannot thank you enough!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: