MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Laker Possession

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Laker Possession Reply with quote

Here I am with another feature request, and I honestly think this will help everyone:

When logged in, have a short and simple list of what lakers you've found.

As a bonus, when viewing someone else's profile, have that same short and simple list of what lakers they've found.

Pros:

* Easily know when you're huting a laker if you've already found it already (which would cause you to not get points!). This is the primary reason for this request. I am guessing after some people find 40 of these it will be pretty difficult to go through and figure out which ones they got and didn't get.

* Be able to determine safer areas for laker placement. I.e. if I see that Centris already found the laker I'm holding, I'll feel better about placing it in Anoka. On the other side, if I see that Kitch /hasn't/ found the one I'm holding, I will make sure to place it outside of the east-metro.

Also, on the scoreboard or perhaps somewhere else, I think it would be interesting to display how many lakers they are holding, so everyone can see easily how many lakers they are hoarding, if they are.

Thoughts?

-Aaron
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Laker Possession Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
Here I am with another feature request, and I honestly think this will help everyone:

As a bonus, when viewing someone else's profile, have that same short and simple list of what lakers they've found.

Pros:

* Easily know when you're huting a laker if you've already found it already (which would cause you to not get points!). This is the primary reason for this request. I am guessing after some people find 40 of these it will be pretty difficult to go through and figure out which ones they got and didn't get.

* Be able to determine safer areas for laker placement. I.e. if I see that Centris already found the laker I'm holding, I'll feel better about placing it in Anoka. On the other side, if I see that Kitch /hasn't/ found the one I'm holding, I will make sure to place it outside of the east-metro.

Also, on the scoreboard or perhaps somewhere else, I think it would be interesting to display how many lakers they are holding, so everyone can see easily how many lakers they are hoarding, if they are.

Thoughts?

-Aaron

I've been planning this since the beginning but thought of it as secondary - i.e. we could launch without.

Good idea and one that I plan on getting to. I want to add a bunch to the www.mngca.org/cacher page including this. I view that page as only 50% complete and 100% ugly.
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to request that! Thanks towlebooth for your constant tweaking and upgrading.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Laker Possession Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:

Done.

It can be found on the now-even-uglier Arrow cacher page. (When you are logged in it's you, otherwise you can click to it from a cacher's name link on the recent activity, all laker, and single laker pages.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can guess s4xton's next request:

A list of Lakers he has gotten points for. It's coming next week. For now I'm off to sprinkle Lakers across the Iron Range for the weekend.

Have a good one!
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
I can guess s4xton's next request:

A list of Lakers he has gotten points for. It's coming next week.

It's done (but ugly). Availible off the even uglier cacher page from the link "This cacher's Laker checklist".
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will this reset with the rest of the game??

or is there a way to keep an ongoing tally? My goal was to find all active lakers...but on a reset....will get complicated...
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitch wrote:
will this reset with the rest of the game??

or is there a way to keep an ongoing tally? My goal was to find all active lakers...but on a reset....will get complicated...

Everything will reset with the new round.

However, some data will be availible from previous rounds, things like
--round standings
--logs from previous rounds

An overall checklist? Maybe. . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Cache Games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: