MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Laker Possession

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Cache Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 23 Mar 2003

Posts: 1070
Location: Minneapolis, MN

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Laker Possession Reply with quote

Here I am with another feature request, and I honestly think this will help everyone:

When logged in, have a short and simple list of what lakers you've found.

As a bonus, when viewing someone else's profile, have that same short and simple list of what lakers they've found.

Pros:

* Easily know when you're huting a laker if you've already found it already (which would cause you to not get points!). This is the primary reason for this request. I am guessing after some people find 40 of these it will be pretty difficult to go through and figure out which ones they got and didn't get.

* Be able to determine safer areas for laker placement. I.e. if I see that Centris already found the laker I'm holding, I'll feel better about placing it in Anoka. On the other side, if I see that Kitch /hasn't/ found the one I'm holding, I will make sure to place it outside of the east-metro.

Also, on the scoreboard or perhaps somewhere else, I think it would be interesting to display how many lakers they are holding, so everyone can see easily how many lakers they are hoarding, if they are.

Thoughts?

-Aaron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 26 Nov 2002

Posts: 1270
Location: Saint Paul

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Laker Possession Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
Here I am with another feature request, and I honestly think this will help everyone:

When logged in, have a short and simple list of what lakers you've found.

As a bonus, when viewing someone else's profile, have that same short and simple list of what lakers they've found.

Pros:

* Easily know when you're huting a laker if you've already found it already (which would cause you to not get points!). This is the primary reason for this request. I am guessing after some people find 40 of these it will be pretty difficult to go through and figure out which ones they got and didn't get.

* Be able to determine safer areas for laker placement. I.e. if I see that Centris already found the laker I'm holding, I'll feel better about placing it in Anoka. On the other side, if I see that Kitch /hasn't/ found the one I'm holding, I will make sure to place it outside of the east-metro.

Also, on the scoreboard or perhaps somewhere else, I think it would be interesting to display how many lakers they are holding, so everyone can see easily how many lakers they are hoarding, if they are.

Thoughts?

-Aaron


I've been planning this since the beginning but thought of it as secondary - i.e. we could launch without.

Good idea and one that I plan on getting to. I want to add a bunch to the www.mngca.org/cacher page including this. I view that page as only 50% complete and 100% ugly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RJ
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 14 Mar 2003

Posts: 326
Location: St Louis Park

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to request that! Thanks towlebooth for your constant tweaking and upgrading.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 26 Nov 2002

Posts: 1270
Location: Saint Paul

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Laker Possession Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
Here I am with another feature request, and I honestly think this will help everyone:

When logged in, have a short and simple list of what lakers you've found.

As a bonus, when viewing someone else's profile, have that same short and simple list of what lakers they've found.


Done.

It can be found on the now-even-uglier Arrow cacher page. (When you are logged in it's you, otherwise you can click to it from a cacher's name link on the recent activity, all laker, and single laker pages.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 26 Nov 2002

Posts: 1270
Location: Saint Paul

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can guess s4xton's next request:

A list of Lakers he has gotten points for. It's coming next week. For now I'm off to sprinkle Lakers across the Iron Range for the weekend.

Have a good one!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 26 Nov 2002

Posts: 1270
Location: Saint Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
I can guess s4xton's next request:

A list of Lakers he has gotten points for. It's coming next week.


It's done (but ugly). Availible off the even uglier cacher page from the link "This cacher's Laker checklist".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 18 May 2003

Posts: 1286
Location: SSP,MN

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will this reset with the rest of the game??

or is there a way to keep an ongoing tally? My goal was to find all active lakers...but on a reset....will get complicated...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 26 Nov 2002

Posts: 1270
Location: Saint Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitch wrote:
will this reset with the rest of the game??

or is there a way to keep an ongoing tally? My goal was to find all active lakers...but on a reset....will get complicated...


Everything will reset with the new round.

However, some data will be availible from previous rounds, things like
--round standings
--logs from previous rounds

An overall checklist? Maybe. . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Cache Games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.