MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PlayTime Inc. team-building event
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It reminds me of somebody charging a group of people to visit a free art gallery.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJ wrote:
It reminds me of somebody charging a group of people to visit a free art gallery.

Well, to give them credit, it sounds like they're giving them a full-everything-included art history course.

It's just that they're asking the artists themselves to come out for $50 and lunch.

-Aaron
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based in Seattle, this innovative company is the brainchild of former Microsoft employee John Chen. This CEO and self-described “Big Kid with the Old Soul” was recently recognized by the Puget Sound Business Journal for being one of the top 40 entrepreneurs under the age of 40 and written up in the Wall Street Journal for his accomplishments.

Profile for bigkid:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=b2c37904-7c3a-4de3-b856-998d7cc6607a

Hidden caches by bigkid:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=bigkid

This one was a HUGE success. Check out all the logs. My Beetle T B disappeared here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=005dbf21-846a-426a-bf9b-74e841f1fa2e

I've been tempted to log some of these T B's, but since he's Jeremy's sugar daddy, I haven't:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/search.aspx?o=1&uid=b2c37904-7c3a-4de3-b856-998d7cc6607a

This stuff is ALL blatant advertising. My baseball cache three years ago was rejected for "advertising" a 13 year-old kids baseball team.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB-

Pay Jeremy enough and you can break the rules too.

-Aaron
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...talk about caches that are not maintained!!!
Little Kid
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Playtime Inc. still looking for help Reply with quote

We are still looking for people to work with us on our June 7th event in Minneapolis. We are working with a group of first time geocachers from Prudential Financial. The event will take place on a specially designed course in the downtown Minneapolis area. Unfortunately because we are in an urban setting, most of the caches are likely to be virtual.

I apologize if any of you didn't get contacted. We are looking for anyone who has a knowledge of GPS and a love for geocaching to come out and work with us. Our participants are new to geocaching and having someone who is very pasionate about the sport work with them during their first experience will make their first time far more enjoyable. After each of our events, a handful of the participants become geocachers themselves.

Sorry for the rediculously short notice, but this event has closed at the last minute. For anyone who can manage to get the time off of work, I would love for you to join us. Please contact me directly if you can make it.

Adam Hitch
adam@playtimeinc.com
(206) 851-2179

Thanks!
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam-

Thanks for the clarification. Let us know how it goes.

-Aaron
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyway possible you could do half days...

such as noon-5pm or 8am-noon...

heck I'd do it for one of those cool t-shirts...and the take over on the virt. caches...
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm, I'm not busy on the 7th, but $50, if that's the offer, by the time I've paid gas, is a bit low for a day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Little Kid
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just here to answer a few questions.

The event itself runs from 12:30 to 4:00. The reason I want you there at 10:00 is so that I can train you on all of the equipment and background information for the event. I am more than willing to work with you to figure out another time to train anyone before the event day, then I would only need you from 12:00 to 4:00 on June 7th.

I understand that $50 is not a large amount of money and is in no way intended to replace a days pay. The purpose of the stipend is to cover any costs that you may incur coming to the event. Most of our geotechs come to our events for the experience and the opportunity to introduce new people to the sport that they love so much. We often times have doctors and lawyers take the day off of work to come to our events. Without fail, they all rave about how much more fun they had at our event than they would have at work.

Hope that answers your questions.

Thanks,

Adam Hitch
Playtime Inc
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam,

Are the caches available to everyone, or are they just for the "event"

Are they official caches that can be logged on the site?

How many groups will there be, and will they all be doing the same caches?

Will there be any little yellow jeeps in the caches?
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Kid wrote:
Just here to answer a few questions.

The event itself runs from 12:30 to 4:00. The reason I want you there at 10:00 is so that I can train you on all of the equipment and background information for the event. I am more than willing to work with you to figure out another time to train anyone before the event day, then I would only need you from 12:00 to 4:00 on June 7th.

I understand that $50 is not a large amount of money and is in no way intended to replace a days pay. The purpose of the stipend is to cover any costs that you may incur coming to the event. Most of our geotechs come to our events for the experience and the opportunity to introduce new people to the sport that they love so much. We often times have doctors and lawyers take the day off of work to come to our events. Without fail, they all rave about how much more fun they had at our event than they would have at work.

Hope that answers your questions.

Thanks,

Adam Hitch
Playtime Inc

Adam,
While I'm not inerested in helping personally, I'd like to thank you for braving your critics and joining in the discussion. Good luck on your event.

towlebooth
Joelcam
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had coffee yesterday morning with Adam. He's in town and building his course, I gave him a map of downtown and some highlights for caches. This is strictly an event for the company that hired them. None of the caches will appear on the GC.com website. They are placed and retrieved the same day. Looks like they got everyone they needed, so thanks to all who responded. It does sound like fun.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be tempting to run down there this afternoon and look for a mob of people with a GPS....and muggle the crap outta them
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. "Hey, what are you guys doing? GEEE OOHH Caching? what's that?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: