MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sheephead

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Sheephead Reply with quote

Any Sheephead players in (or willing to travel to) the SW Metro (Eden Prairie area)? Been WAY too long since I've played and wanted to know if anyone else plays in the area.

What's Sheephead, it's a card game It's simpler than Bridge but more complex the Euchre.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Sheephead Reply with quote

msteffel wrote:
Any Sheephead players in (or willing to travel to) the SW Metro (Eden Prairie area)? Been WAY too long since I've played and wanted to know if anyone else plays in the area.

What's Sheephead, it's a card game It's simpler than Bridge but more complex the Euchre.

"In the United States, Sheepshead is most commonly played in Wisconsin"

No wonder I only have heard of it when I cross the cheese curtain to visit my wife's relatives. Wink Sorry, never played it though.
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We play sheephead at work, in Shakopee. It's a blast, really! Our version uses the 7 of diamonds as the second highest trump. And the Jack of diamonds is partner to whoever picks up the blind. I think it's sort of a local variation.
I heard of other versions where the two black queens are partners. (like maybe the original one according to Hoyle)

I'd be game to get together for small stakes, if you could get enough players.
sapalas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play a lot in High school (I'm 27), but haven't played much at all since. It just seems like that is mostly an eastern WI game. Most people i talk to have never even heard of it.

I play at yahoo every now and then, but that's not the same. I would be interested if a game was put together. I live in Shakopee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: