MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeep 4x4 Tbugs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They'll be in the same geocaches we all go to - I don't see how her chances are that much different. I highly doubt RJ will give any preference as to what caches they're put in, if he's charged with distribution.

Distribution is the key. Since they will be shipped to the MNGCA, i imagined (with her being on the board) that automatically gives her alot better chance of getting one- either by hand off style, or by the "Psss- hey, im dropping them in these caches".

Quote:
There is no "official membership". Just siging up on this website makes you a member. Now you have a better chance of getting a Jeep, right?

I didnt realize just by registering here, I became a "member"............
but, no I doubt my presence here increases any chance of finding one.
Im not "in the know", or however you'd like to put it.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pto wrote:
I didnt realize just by registering here, I became a "member"

Yeah that's confusing for everyone I think. Hopefully the new "registering" method will be easier to understand.

Quote:
............but, no I doubt my presence here increases any chance of finding one. Im not "in the know", or however you'd like to put it.

I don't consider myself any more or less "in the know" than anyone else here.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the threads...you are in the KNOW just about as much as the next guy.....

And as far as RJ goes...granted he'll get the first...but thats the perks of the gig.... its not like MNGCA board members get paid.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pto wrote:
Distribution is the key. Since they will be shipped to the MNGCA, i imagined (with her being on the board) that automatically gives her alot better chance of getting one- either by hand off style, or by the "Psss- hey, im dropping them in these caches".

If that's the case or not, once it's out of her hands it's in the same caches we all go to - we all have the same chance of going out and finding them.

I think we've exausted this subject now.

-Aaron
pto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't consider myself any more or less "in the know" than anyone else here

Except you personally know most other users/posters here.
Thats a little advantage, isnt it?

Quote:
Since they will be shipped to the MNGCA, i imagined (with her being on the board) that automatically gives her alot better chance of getting one- either by hand off style, or by the "Psss- hey, im dropping them in these caches".

[quote]If that's the case or not ......[quote]

. . . . OK, so I guess my oringal point was relevent.

Quote:
I think we've exausted this subject now.

So, do those of us not in the MNGCA, or the inner circle have any shot at seeing any of these? Apparently not-
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have exausted this subject.

-Aaron
pto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing is exhausting . . . . .
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<evil moderator mode enabled>

This topic is now way out of hand and there is little chance anything other than trolling will occur. Please move along before the thread has to be closed.

Thanks Smile
</moderator>
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
I think we have exausted this subject.

Nah, we have hardly touched on the subject of the promotion itself. My opinion is that the promotion can be judged in two major categories:

1) Will it be a success for geocaching?
2) Will it be a success for Jeep?

Ideally, it will be a success for both. But can it or will it? And if not, what are better ideas for future promotions?

Discuss (while I get the heck out of the way).
pto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1) Will it be a success for geocaching?
2) Will it be a success for Jeep?

Ideally, it will be a success for both. But can it or will it? And if not, what are better ideas for future promotions?

Organization, and the people involved to carry out the plan will usually determine the success or failure of any project, promotion, etc.

The success or failure for Jeep/Geocaching will largely depend on the people they get involved, and how those people and groups choose to participate(or not) Sucess or failure is also not "across the board"
Some things can work, while other parts can fail.

IMO, this will benefit geocaching(.com) giving it more widespread media coverage, affiliated with a big name brand (Jeep)and of course the $$$$$$$$$$. For Jeep I see no major benefit, other than maybe selling a few more yellow jeeps to geocachers, but probably not on a major nationwide scale.
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite frankly since I'm out of the cities area I think my chances are less. I don't beleive for one, minute that being on the board will be of any benefit. Though batting my eye lashes might help. Wink Wink Wink

Oh I just realized, Pto thinks we have real meetings. Do we have a secret
hand shake that I don't know about? Come guys tell me what it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pto wrote:
I doubt my presence here increases any chance of finding one.

I have an idea for you pto Very Happy ..... (this is a sincere idea - not sarcasm!!)

Since all your caches are in Wisconsin, maybe you could contact WGA and offer to distribute some of the jeeps that Wisconsin will be getting into the caches around your area.
I'm sure fair and equal distribution of the jeeps throughout the less traveled regions of the USA will be a problem in every state and they would probably appreciate the offer to help get them out to the caches that are harder to get to...... right? Idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Idea CENTRIS

http://www.wi-geocaching.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/000510.html
pto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh I just realized, Pto thinks we have real meetings. ....

Sorry to assume a "board" of an "association" would be organized in some form. Kind of a joke isnt it.

Quote:
I have an idea for you pto ..... (this is a sincere idea - not sarcasm!!)

Thanks for the advice. Promoting caching in another state- Its always nice to have your local assoc (co-chair)point you to another state to participate in a national event because they cant or wont distribute the TB's. Oh, sure they will be distributed in MN - and will be "moving" in MN - but your right- I have a far better chance to be involved in Wisconsin. Their members dont seem to carry the negative attitude towards GC.com that most here do. Their members also seem to be more interested in caching and not the BS in between.

Centris - Are you going to be emailing your WI cache contacts when they find a jeep Tbug and beg them to arrange drop-offs & pickups like you did with other TB's? You should be able to rack them up, what with all your contacts.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
<evil moderator mode enabled>
This topic is now way out of hand and there is little chance anything other than trolling will occur. Please move along before the thread has to be closed.</moderator>

I didn't want to have to do this but the time has come.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: