MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mn SP Wildlife Safari - COMPLETED
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Mn SP Wildlife Safari - COMPLETED Reply with quote

There is no list anywhere that show who, and when, has completed the Wildlife Safari.
I am starting a list here of those that have. Please post when you've completed and I'll add it to the list. My hope is to get the list in order which is why I need the completion date.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completed who and when:

Nestaron&Aranel June 6, 2009

doublemoose June 13, 2009

Quatar August 10, 2009

CanoePotatoes August 24, 2009

EskoClimber 26 August 26, 2009

Last edited by EskoClimber on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
msrubble
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geocaching Wildlife Safari Finalists has

Nestaron&Aranel
June 6, 2009

doublemoose
June 13, 2009

Quatar (DNR incorrectly calls them "Quarter and Wife")
August 10, 2009

I was under the impression that somebody finished up at Sibley recently. Ah, here we go:

CanoePotatoes
August 24, 2009
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: City of Mt. Holly Reply with quote

I was at MapleWood SP last Sunday (August 23rd) and the City of Mt. Holly logged in the logbook that it was find number 72. I have seen their name in alot of state park caches (we've been to 56 this summer), so it is probably true.

Congrats to all, this is quite a task.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link to the DNR page. I'm not sure how one gets there name on that list. I'm going to check with Jay Cooke SP where I turned in my cards. They certainly didn't know about a page for finalists when I was there because we discussed that very topic.

I have added the names to the list here on MnGCA as I am fairly certain that the word hasn't gotten to the individual parks about the finalists page.

Also, I couldn't find anything posted "City of Mt. Holly" or any variation thereof on gc.com. They could be doing the wildlife safari and just not logging their finds on gc.com but I have no way of verifying their progress.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber wrote:
Also, I couldn't find anything posted "City of Mt. Holly" or any variation thereof on gc.com. They could be doing the wildlife safari and just not logging their finds on gc.com but I have no way of verifying their progress.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=1c20cbc7-fcfc-40d3-886c-fda43c9cf9f8&wid=a861ac49-6aca-4842-aeb9-c89fc0959ab9&ds=2

Looks like he has been loggin some caches anyway.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:

Thanks for finding them for me. I was looking on the individual SP wildlife safari pages and didn't see anything there. I see they have logged about 20 or so wildlife caches on gc.com
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small side note, if your ever in Shakopee you have to visit "Mount Holly MN" GC12XY7

I've seen his driver's license, it does say he lives in "Mount Holly MN".
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polebarn and Grammy & Pa both finished. I'm pretty sure their last one was Lake Shetek on Sept 23, 09.
tesser
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She_wolf finished on 9/19 at Garden Island and picked up her rewards at Lake Bronson on 9/22. I finished up on 9/25 at Lake Itasca and picked up my rewards at Mille Lacs Kathio (where it all started on 5/2) the same day. I got an Otter card the same week at Glendalough. We both still need to finish our logs online.
granny26
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: We finished! Reply with quote

We finished the Wildlife Safari on August 26, 2010. Our last park was Soudan Mine! Woo Hoo! What a fun adventure it has been! Geodog has found many great places to swim, and we have a long list of parks in which to camp! Thanks, MN State Parks, for a great geocaching challenge! We hope there will be others in the future! Smile
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a recent meeting of the Safari committee, it was discussed that anyone that finishes the Safari caches can stop in at the park that you finish and tell the staff. They would like to get pictures to put on the web page.
Word does not always gets down to the people behind the desk but it is worth a try.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:
At a recent meeting of the Safari committee, it was discussed that anyone that finishes the Safari caches can stop in at the park that you finish and tell the staff. They would like to get pictures to put on the web page.
Word does not always gets down to the people behind the desk but it is worth a try.

I finished at Fort Snelling. They took pictures and names but that's now been since May. Not that I need to be on the website but I know last time I browsed around, it hadn't been updated in months.
CharleneMae
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just finished a couple weeks ago and Fort Snelling also took our picture. It sounds like we should not expect to see it up there any time soon. That's too bad, we were looking forward to it.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've emailed my contacts at Ft Snelling to see if I can find out what their plan is for the pictures they've taken of those completing the Wildlife Safari cache series in their park. I'll let you know what I find out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: