MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lilydale Regional Park Plans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Lilydale Regional Park Plans Reply with quote

Not sure if this belongs in "Park Relations:, but feel free to move it as needed.

From the South st Paul Voice" tabloid, Aug 2009:
Headlines: Big Plans in Store For Lilydale Regional Park

"On July 15, the St Paul Parks Commision gave its stamp of approval to a new master site plan for the Lilydale Regional Park, wich paves the way for some improvements to the park..."

I can't find the article online, and I'm not about to retype it, but it links to the source:

www.stpaul.gov/index.aspx?NID=2693

The article also mentions some history that I was not aware of (not having lived in the area during the 70's) , and was very surprised to hear. First, the brickyard, which was founded in 1894, was in buisiness until the 1970's, and that there was a small town down there that was abandoned in the '70's, following the floods of 1965. That village was the village of Lilydale, which, as we all know, is now up on the bluffs above and to the west.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: