MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Geocaching Band??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stickerooni
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can adequately play nearly any percussion instrument, though it's been a few years since I've been put to the test (though I occassionally surprise my kids with a little piano playing). A few years back I started to teach myself banjo. Then I picked up another hobby...geocaching! Very Happy
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These days I can only play (or remember to play) Guitar Hero/Rock Band (drums on easy, guitar medium/hard, bass hard/expert, voice you don't want to hear it!) but we have a PS2 so can't play collaboratively. Sad

but I've done the following (my dad graduated with a music major and math minor):
violin (1 year when I was like 4)
piano (2nd grade through 8th grade)
string bass (5th grade through 12th grade)
trumpet (6th grade)

Unfortunately don't remember too much and haven't played a piano or bass in years. But my friends have a band called 'Public Static' http://publicstaticband.com/ and I got to be the sound guy. Yep, I can press record and stop with the best of them! Wink
Xena.
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can sing opera-like songs for you. Razz

Play the piano some. My son could do the armpit for you... and under the knees. He is also creative with his mouth... and sometimes a straw is involved.

I have many skills.
ghost640
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun thread!

I play mostly guitar, and, as you can see from Fender Bender, I typically play slightly distorted guitar. (that one's a replica 52 tele)

At one time I played old-time music with the Pretty Shakey String Band, which was formed by whoever showed up in the alley on Wednesday nights.

Finally, being from Cleveland, I started on an instrument-that-shall-not-be-named, though there is a cacher gal that plays one...
joshua
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played piano from age 4-16 and still do when I can.
I played saxophone from sixth grade to twelfth (alto, tenor, bari)
I picked up guitar in college and do pretty well for being self taught.

I still have my sax, though it needs to be repadded and fixed up a bit. It still plays ok though. I sold my keyboard on craigslist not long ago, but am getting a piano for my birthday this year from my inlaws! I've been on craigslist looking around. I really want at baby grand, even if it's not in great shape. So long as it plays good and stays in tune I'm happy. Still playing guitar on my box package Guitar Center wonder, but it's all I need at my level. I've become less interested in guitar lately and am ambitious to get back to piano. I can play very well and it's something that has been missing in my life...
onionpond
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe you haven't heard of Zachariah. Only the greatest (and only) band to come out of Dilworth High in the early 70's. I was the drummer.

inna godda da vida baby
The Hipster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onionpond wrote:
I can't believe you haven't heard of Zachariah. Only the greatest (and only) band to come out of Dilworth High in the early 70's. I was the drummer.

... Inna godda da vida baby

Our little HS (Midway #128) had the Gynchmen & The Poor Boys in the 60's, but its crowning glory was an early 70s hard rock band - The Krispy Kritters- Yours truly on backup guitar, lights & sound!

... Dont you know that Ill always be true?
lansima
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played saxaphone in concert, jazz, and marching band for 7 years. I was pretty good - but now I don't remember any of the keys or how to read the sheet music. I played alto sax in grade school and tenor sax in high school.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: