MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MnGCA Games

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunganator
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: MnGCA Games Reply with quote

I know this isn't the "games" forum, but I am really confused as to what these MnGCA games were. Could someone explain a little about them? What happened to them? Thanks!
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The previous game was the MnGCA Lakers game; it was established many years back. Unfortunately, too many of the pieces went missing and people lost interest in playing them.

The forum section here remains because we would like to have a new game developed, but we do not have any developers (as of yet). We have the legal capacity to develop things on this side, but the game needs developers, a concept, and initial start up funding. Pear Head has a little more information about this.
Bunganator
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucidOndine wrote:
The previous game was the MnGCA Lakers game; it was established many years back. Unfortunately, too many of the pieces went missing and people lost interest in playing them.

The forum section here remains because we would like to have a new game developed, but we do not have any developers (as of yet). We have the legal capacity to develop things on this side, but the game needs developers, a concept, and initial start up funding. Pear Head has a little more information about this.

What do you do with the game pieces you find? What kind of game pieces were they? Do you win anything?
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they used them for a variety of different games-- for example, you could only gain points from one game piece per session, and each piece was worth a random number of points (1-5 or so). At the end of the session, whoever moved the most Lakers would win.

The pieces themselves were a brass tag with a number on them; they were not GC.com trackable so people had to go to the MnGCA specifically to log them in.

The winner was afforded bragging rights Cool
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to move this to the cache games forum...

LucidOndine wrote:

If anyone wants to work on coding the game (php and MySQL) let me know. There are a couple of folks that have an interest in doing it although progress has pretty much ground to a halt as far as I know.

The new game will likely involve gc.com trackable bugs or coins.

The game can be a big draw to get members into the organization - it's another way to get the "MnGCA" name into caches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Cache Games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: