MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache Of The Month Nominations - August 2009

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millah
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Accepting Cache Of The Month Nominations - August 2009 Reply with quote

The nomination period for August COTM is now open! Your contributions to this process are appreciated as COTM is completely membership-driven. Submit your favorites ladies and gentlemen!

To nominate a cache, you may

1) post a nomination in this thread.

2) send me a PM through MnGCA.org.

3) e-mail me directly at millahmn@gmail.com.

When nominating a cache please include the cache name, waypoint, owner, and a brief description of why you are nominating the cache for COTM honors. Your description should explain why you feel this cache is worthy of recognition WITHOUT SPOILERS! If you are unsure of whether a cache is eligible for nomination, please click here.

Thanks!

Tim (Millah)

Last edited by Millah on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
ECA Dad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: July? Reply with quote

I see that there were three nominations for July (including one for my KIDDIE LITter cache series--Thanks FreiGuy! I feel honored!), but no poll for voting. Is that on its way? Or because all the noms occurred in either late June or early July, are those three noms simply being rolled over, becoming the first three nominations for August?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: July? Reply with quote

ECA Dad wrote:
I see that there were three nominations for July (including one for my KIDDIE LITter cache series--Thanks FreiGuy! I feel honored!), but no poll for voting. Is that on its way? Or because all the noms occurred in either late June or early July, are those three noms simply being rolled over, becoming the first three nominations for August?

I'm guessing it was an oversight on Millah's part... I would expect to see a poll come around shortly. Smile Although I've been known to be wrong before too....
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: July? Reply with quote

ECA Dad wrote:

If I am reading the COTM Thread correctly...the voting will happen at the end of the month...this give folks time to try and find the nominated caches (those that wish to do that) and then vote...
Millah
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archer is correct...the July COTM nominees will be voted on at the end of this month (starting on the 20th) to allow cachers the opportunity to seek them out if they so desire.
Millah
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero nominees for August Sad - hopefully more luck (and caching?) next month! Nominations thread locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: