MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin announces Oregon 500 specs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seamusbleu
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it Christmas yet:)!
The Hipster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ba Humbug! Sad Only coal in my stocking so far!

The Oregon 550T was supposed to be here today. Now the UPS web site says it is being picked up this afternoon for delivery overnight. That means it should now be here Friday. We shall see!
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hipster wrote:

The Oregon 550T was supposed to be here today. Now the UPS web site says it is being picked up this afternoon for delivery overnight. That means it should now be here Friday. We shall see!
Note to self-- find way to re-route UPS packages to alternative addresses Twisted Evil
The Hipster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucidOndine wrote:
The Hipster wrote:

Note to self-- find way to re-route UPS packages to alternative addresses Twisted Evil

Sorry - Too late to snag mine in route! It came in on Friday & I headed out to do a couple of new area caches before heading home. I don't know about battery consumption yet, but this Oregon 550t is one sweet unit. The screen is quite readable, the new three axis compass is a delight & the touch screen makes data entries much faster than even the easy to use shuttle wheel of the Colorado. I also love the fast-n-easy waypoint averaging function for setting up new hides.

I used the Colorado 400t & Oregon 550t side by side for Friday's cache finds & will continue to do so on geocaching trips over next month. Sooner or later I will come up with a high/low comparison list of functions most used with geocaching.
kendrick0861
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the compass on the Garmin 550T. You can hold the unit just about any way and it will still keep you pointed in the right direction. Its about the same as the 400T when it comes to overhead cover and signal bounce. The pictures it produces are better then i thought it would be. Posted one of my son with a TB at Gooseberry Falls and another of a bridge in Lebanon Hills. Both came from the 550T. Still playing around with it. Very good unit so far Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: