MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PlayTime Inc. team-building event
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: PlayTime Inc. team-building event Reply with quote

Anyone else receive this?

-Aaron

Quote:
--This message was sent through the Geocaching.com web site--

Hi,

My name is Adam Hitch, Director of Fun at PlayTime Inc., the official team-building provider recognized by Geocaching.com. We create corporate team building events based on geocaching and we'd like you to come and play with us!

On June 7th we have a 70 person team building event in downtown Minneapolis, starting at the Hilton. As a local geocacher, we'd like to cordially invite you to work with us as a technical operator. If you choose to accept this offer, your job would be to walk with a team, watch for safety issues, call 911 in the event of an emergency and be able to answer questions about the technology, including a GPS, Walkie Talkie, Pocket PC and a digital camera. You will also have the opportunity to act as an ambassador for geocaching and introduce people who haven't used GPS before to the adventures that geocaching can offer them. This is also a great opportunity to get together with other local geocachers.

We will need you at the Hilton from 10:00AM to 4:00 PM on June 7th. For your time and energy we will provide you with lunch and pay you a $50 stipend.

Who: You and PlayTime Inc.
What: GeoTeaming Technical Assistance
Where: Minneapolis Hilton
When: Monday, June 7th, 2004 from 10:00 AM till 4:00 PM
Why: $50, lunch and a chance to geocache for the day!

Are you interested? Please reply by phone or with an email that includes your phone number if you can make it.

Thanks!

-Adam Hitch
Design Master, PlayTime Inc.
[contact information removed]

------------------------------------------------------------
Forward abuse complaints to: contact@geocaching.com
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, though I expect I'm not up to their standards (too few finds most likely).
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't received that. I really like the part about "acting as an ambassador for geocaching". That has a really nice ring to it. Go for it!
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratch that last note. I just checked my email and it's there.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm considering it. I'd have to take a day off of work. Wish I knew who this group of 70 was. Wink

-Aaron
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd have to take it off too, so I probably won't make it. Chances are it would take place downtown and there aren't any new caches there to find!

They don't really make the attempt to hide the fact that you'd be babysitting a group of people.
Wayfarin Stranger
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, got the message as I turned on the system this afternoon. I read it and called the 877 number and spoke to Adam Hitch. What I got out of the discussion was that he is setting up a group of first time cachers and they need a few experienced area cachers to assist and answer questions about Geocaching. I do not believe they are affiliated with Geocaching.com, but perhaps are trying to sell the idea to non-geocachers. I would imagine they are doing this to make a profit somewhere, but it does sound interesting. Unfortunately I have to work on June 7 and its hard to get the time off with pay. I guess if I could do it, I would check it out and see whats going on. Have at it anyone who wants to.
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: PlayTime Inc. team-building event Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
Anyone else receive this?

Pretty sure almost everybody got one.... even Wallypog. Cool

They are one of those groups that big corporations hire ($$$) to swoop into your office and do "team building" among the worker bees - Anybody who has been subjected to one of these at their office knows exactly what I am talking about. Confused

Wayfarin Stranger wrote:
I do not believe they are affiliated with Geocaching.com....

Yes they are.....PlayTime is a long time "partner" of geo.com - it is how they got all our email addys.
http://www.geocaching.com/geoteaming/

Quote:
For each challenge, the team must design a plan, execute it, and reach the final goal without a pre-designated leader. With the aid of an expert facilitator, this becomes an amazing opportunity to observe team behavior and to discover what your team needs most to function at the next level.

Geoteaming(tm) events are perfect for building the valuable team skills that every organization needs in this day and age. At the same time, those who participate can take full advantage of the sport's excitement in combining adventure with technology. PlayTime, Inc. and Geocaching.com can custom design each event specifically tailored to your team building needs. Geoteaming(tm) events can be customized to challenge every physical and mental level, from the undemanding to the extreme.

Most importantly, your team will have stronger connections with each other, improved communication skills, specific methods to fine-tune performance in the office, and most of all work more efficiently, in effect saving time and money in the workplace.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
$50 + lunch comes to $8.33/hr (unless you have to pay your own parking?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what they got against me? Oh well, if I'm not important enough, I'd not waste my day on them anyway.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well gee let me think about this. $50 for 6 hours plus lunch to work for these guys. Or. $45 for 45 minutes to taste test Beer for Delve.

I know where I'll be.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the same thing, and Perrine probably did as well (she doesn't check her hotmail account that often, and that's where all her gc.com stuff goes)--there is a link on gc.com's main page about corporate team building and Playtime, so they are legit. I'm already taking two weeks off from work in June for guard camp, but if my employer is cool with letting me go for a couple extra hours on the 7th, Perrine and I'll probably help out with babysitting. Maybe some of these corporate guys are into sheet metal fab, so I can do some networking for my employer, as well.
Joelcam
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Adam from Playtime Inc. on the phone last night. He answered a few questions, but I still have to work and can't make it. It came together on short notice, thus he's looking for some folks to help on short notice. This is a pretty cool deal. The 70 people are with a corporate function in town, they are using Geocaching as a team-building event for the folks to get to know one another better. I didn't ask the name of the group, but I've worked several of these team building events (for my wife's event planning company) and this by far sounds the most exciting. My company has had retreats and done things like free falling 10-15 feet into the arms of your team, etc. but this event uses GPSr and gets people to work together to find their way on a course.

One other note, Adam just searched a cache near-by the hotel and emailed the 20 or so people who had found the cache. I'm not sure what cache it was, but if you haven't found it, you didn't get an email. He tried to get a user name on here on the MNGCA message board to post, but Chad is still out of town and hasn't approved him yet.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it's a for-profit gig, I'm getting the real short end of the stick if they're only paying me $50 for a whole day of babysitting a bunch of noobies.

Although the experience may be interesting, they're trying to utilize something that I'm experienced in for their profit without proper compensation.

If this was a non-profit gig I would take the day off and do it and let them keep the $50.

-Aaron
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats gotta be Greenway cache.

I sure hope they take small groups to different caches with no repeats. 70 people attacking the same cache on the same day is going to either decimate the area (if woods), or expose its location to muggles (if urban).
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel bad KCOGRN, I didn't get it either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: