MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIA: Detroit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: MIA: Detroit Reply with quote

Although the lakers page indicates that Detroit was placed by Centris into GCHVA1:

http://mngca.org/lakers/laker.php?id=22

...and the online page indicates it as well:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gchva1

But the paper log doesn't indicate it, and it's not there, either. A muggle also found the cache and left some weed. Razz

...I'm assuming Centris made a mistake, because she logged a different cache properly:

So - I'd remove Detroit, as it's not there... and I apologize to Centris, but it doesn't look like it was logged in.

-Aaron
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess? Centris put it there, forgot to write in the log as it was raining, and "Whitey" traded for it. . .
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess as well... it it was a bad trade. What Whitey left was unusable.

98 Lakers left.

-Aaron
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: MIA: Detroit Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
Although the lakers page indicates that Detroit was placed by Centris into GCHVA1:
...I'm assuming Centris made a mistake, because she logged a different cache properly

Yes I left it there, no I didn't write it in the logbook.
Yes it was pouring rain (see my log photo). We had tried for this cache several times before but there were always people around... It was why we went on a rainy day.

I had not planned on leaving Detroit there, but decided at the last minute (after log was written) to trade off the Detriot Laker for Alfredo Travel Bug that had been sitting there for over a month. I assumed the cache owner would come after Detriot PDQ. He usually tends to grab and move interesting stuff that get put into his own caches. (he might have it, not logged yet.... The muggle log doesn't say anything about taking anything)

The reason Elmo has a better log is because I pre-wrote the sticker in the car. I quickly stuck it on the log book and skeedaddled.
Never fear Aaron, after I drop these two I have, I am done playing Lakers.

Last edited by Centris on Sun May 30, 2004 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay - I understand it all completly now... too bad the cache got muggled... thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Never fear Aaron, after I drop these two I have, I am done playing Lakers.

Actually, my only fear is you quitting. No reason to stop playing - the game's just getting started.

-Aaron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Cache Games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: