MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drawing other cachers into the Lakers game...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone placing a Laker piece in a cache I suggest following Aaron's lead and posting a link to the the website in their log. You can do that with the following BBcode:

Code:

Information about the MNGCA's 10,000 Lakes Cache game can be found here:  [url=http://www.mngca.org/lakers/index.php](Visit Link)[/url]

It would look like this in the log:

Information about the MNGCA's 10,000 Lakes Cache game can be found here: (Visit Link)

That should eliminate some of the confusion for those people that aren't familiar with the game, the MNGCA, etc.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
For everyone placing a Laker piece in a cache I suggest following Aaron's lead and posting a link to the the website in their log. You can do that with the following BBcode:

Code:

Information about the MNGCA's 10,000 Lakes Cache game can be found here:  [url=http://www.mngca.org/lakers/index.php](Visit Link)[/url]

It would look like this in the log:

Information about the MNGCA's 10,000 Lakes Cache game can be found here: (Visit Link)

That should eliminate some of the confusion for those people that aren't familiar with the game, the MNGCA, etc.

Thanks Bob. I need to do a better job of letting people know about the Laker game and Registration/Join. An article on the main page as well as a register FAQ should help. Tonight? Hope so. . .
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your geocaching.com log, if you simply write "http://mngca.org/lakers/" it will automatically convert it into a link that says "(visit link)". Should save you a bit of time if you do it that way.

In terms of this game's PR effort and people asking about it and not knowing, I think a simple headline on the main mngca.org page on the terms of "New MNGCA Game Launched!" with a link to the lakers page or the rules page would make sense... not everyone's going to be looking for the "lakers" link on the left side when they don't know what it is or what it's about yet.

Just a thought. I seem to have a few of those.

-Aaron

P.S. Whoops, didn't realize how off topic I was.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
In your geocaching.com log, if you simply write "http://mngca.org/lakers/" it will automatically convert it into a link that says "(visit link)". Should save you a bit of time if you do it that way.

In terms of this game's PR effort and people asking about it and not knowing, I think a simple headline on the main mngca.org page on the terms of "New MNGCA Game Launched!" with a link to the lakers page or the rules page would make sense... not everyone's going to be looking for the "lakers" link on the left side when they don't know what it is or what it's about yet.

Just a thought. I seem to have a few of those.

I'm just glad w're on the same page with most of them. It would be annoying otherwise.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:

Thanks, didn't know that.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:

Arrow Done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Cache Games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: