MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hidden Falls/Crosby/Crosby Farm

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Hidden Falls/Crosby/Crosby Farm Reply with quote

I know that this has been mentioned here before but I thought I'd share a cautionary reminder that the St.Paul parks of Hidden Falls/Crosby/Crosby Farm are frequented by men cruising for men.

I was driving into the park and a guy was parked on the road somewhat close to the cache I was looking for, GC1J5GA - Enter At Your Own Risk. I pull up next to the cache and go out to make my find. I find it quickly and as I am about to leave, the guy from the car had left his car and was about to enter the woods to join me looking for what I can only imagine would be some manlove. The guy looked like a big bikerdude so maybe I should've been more afraid than I was but he seemed pretty darn embarrased when I just left.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share something to consider if you are caching solo, especially in that park.

-Jonas
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really doubt that there was any threat to your personal safety. If he was indeed embarrassed I wouldn't think he had any intent to harm anyone in any way.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Hidden Falls/Crosby/Crosby Farm Reply with quote

Jonas wrote:
I know that this has been mentioned here before but I thought I'd share a cautionary reminder that the St.Paul parks of Hidden Falls/Crosby/Crosby Farm are frequented by men cruising for men.

I was driving into the park and a guy was parked on the road somewhat close to the cache I was looking for, GC1J5GA - Enter At Your Own Risk. I pull up next to the cache and go out to make my find. I find it quickly and as I am about to leave, the guy from the car had left his car and was about to enter the woods to join me looking for what I can only imagine would be some manlove. The guy looked like a big bikerdude so maybe I should've been more afraid than I was but he seemed pretty darn embarrased when I just left.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share something to consider if you are caching solo, especially in that park.

-Jonas

Thanks for the tip. Just think, 10% of us (not me) may appreciate the information.. Wink

The overlook in Mendota Heights on highway 13 across from the airport is also constantly filled with single dudes hanging out in the area looking for the "nod", if you know what I mean.
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This last week I was in the hidden falls area, walking along the river. Very similar situation happened but I was with a girl so I think they got the hint. I think. Cool
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that is just creepy! Thanks for the information! I am one that normally caches alone and I am not sure what I would do if I had someone following me! Maybe the MnGCA should start selling mace or pepperspray!
joboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW.....something 2 b said about a cache located deep in the woods!! I'd do the cache that's more of an adventure b4 one like this. although there is ample warning on the cache page. after reading all the warnings nothing should shock anyone going after this cache.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've ever skipped work and cached during the week, you'll find that creepy looking guys who "seem" to be cruising are all over the darn place.
NeoAddict
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar things happen at the rest stop in Duluth. Don't go at night. Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: