MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remember our military people and veterans this weekend.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wayfarin Stranger
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Remember our military people and veterans this weekend. Reply with quote

While you're out caching or whatever this weekend, remember those who gave it all up so we can pursue what we do.

http://llerrah.com/memorialday.htm
TwentySeven
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several veteran memorial caches in the area. If you haven't been to one, this would make a good reason to go do it.

Shane
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or at least.

Think of some of us that may end up going overseas yet. We have been put on alert, but not sure if we will get activated or not. Plans are that they are talking this fall sometime.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that there have been more placed since, but here is a list from Veteran's Day last year.

http://www.mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=374&highlight=memorial
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: email from my buddy!! Reply with quote

Also, everyone has been asking for care package ideas for myself and any soldier not getting must mail. So here goes some ideas:

* GOOD coffee..if you don't know what good coffee is, please dont send any, show you support in other ways. I can ALwAYs find bad coffee. Ground is fine but I know to crush a bean if I have too!
* Good sunblock, you really get crap sunblock over her, Coppertone Sport SPF 30 is the BEST!! Sand really doest stick as bad with it.
• gum
• powdered drink packets( ice tea, lemonade, gatoraid)
• Movies on DVD, copies are fine.
• Girl Scout cookies
• homemade treats (in a sealed container or vaccum sealed)
• pens, LOTs and LOTs of pens
* Powerbars and GOO
• seasonal decorations , yes this helps with sainity
* AA and AAA batteries... everyone is out including the PX.
* Magazines (regional, news -time, newsweek, outdoors sports)
* hometown papers( from any where)
* Imodium and Tums.. I like Iraqi food but it doesn't like me.
* Shotgun cleaning items, we just can't get the stuff. All of our platoon sergents carry them.
* Hinges, screws, nuts and bolts. With a 1/3 of the soldiers as carpenters in the civilian world, we are constantly building things for the barrack area and orderly rooms (ie desks, shelves, workstations, storage boxes, cabinets) . If your cleaning out our garage, just dump it all in mail and we will take care of it.
* Fishing poles and tackle (anything) we have lots of small lakes and they are full of fish!
* Letters, if you have any one that wants to write to ANY SOLDIER on the address below, we will have soldiers write back daily, letters from kids are the best!! (we also have soldiers that never receive any mail other than these types of letters)

Here is the address:
ANY SOLDIER
DAKOTA 4-5 ADA BN
APO AE 09379
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: