MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPPA Caching at Enger Tower 7/7/09

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IBcrashen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: SPPA Caching at Enger Tower 7/7/09 Reply with quote

Did anyone see the anouncement on the news that the Skyline Planning & Preservation is is meeting at Enger Tower on 7/7/09 at 6 PM to explaing Geocaching?
Anyone local cachers involved?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

News to me.

I was hoping to check on my cache that was up there anyway (mainly to see how full the log is), so hopefully I'll get the chance this week unless someone tag-team maintains it for me.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: SPPA Caching at Enger Tower 7/7/09 Reply with quote

IBcrashen wrote:
Did anyone see the anouncement on the news that the Skyline Planning & Preservation is is meeting at Enger Tower on 7/7/09 at 6 PM to explaing Geocaching?
Anyone local cachers involved?

Maybe one of you local cachers are involved, but you just don't realize it yet. I had a cache published a couple of days ago to coincide with a community festival. To gain permission to use one informational stage on private property, I ended up explaining the game to event organizers.

Yesterday a friend told me he heard on the radio that I am giving geocaching demonstrations this weekend as a part of the community event.

I am laying low this weekend. I am not answering my phone.
dmnrec
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seen in the contacts on their webpage is a Wendy...that would be Wendy Grethen who is/was on the Parks and Rec Commission...since the parks dept has GPS's (that are probably collecting dust), it may be something through that dept. possibly.
NeoAddict
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's news to me, though of course I haven't watched TV in a couple weeks... haha.

I might have to show up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: