MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Like beating a dead horse??(Anoka city/county policy issues)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNSearchers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Like beating a dead horse??(Anoka city/county policy issues) Reply with quote

Ok just wondering something and i am just seriously NOT trying to step on toes or anything like that. I just really have a question and no clue as to who to ask.
We live in Sherburne county right next to Anoka County. I have noticed a few caches popping up in Anoka and Ramsey. Is it ok or not to put caches in their parks ?? Or is the Anoka County ban on COUNTY (not city) parks only?
thanks again....
i have done some searching of the forms with not much luck. if there is just a place to direct me to i appreciate it.
laurie (mnsearchers)
edit subject by PH to make it slightly clearer
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expected something completely different based on the title Wink
...but, don't be afraid to ask questions in the forums...
As far as I know...it is County Parks...
You may find this helpful...
http://mngca.org/guidelines
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Like beating a dead horse?? Reply with quote

MNSearchers wrote:
...I just really have a question and no clue as to who to ask.

Feel free to ask questions here or email the board at board@mngca.org. Either way, someone will be happy to answer your questions.

MNSearchers wrote:
We live in Sherburne county right next to Anoka County. I have noticed a few caches popping up in Anoka and Ramsey. Is it ok or not to put caches in their parks ?? Or is the Anoka County ban on COUNTY (not city) parks only?

The restrictions you are referring to, only apply to the county parks. There are some cities that have policies as well. You can find all the policies on the front page of the mngca.org site under "cache guidelines" tab. http://mngca.org/guidelines

I hope that helps.
MNSearchers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. i figured it was just county parks but i wasn't sure. also..under guidelines it just links you to anoka county and when you click on that it just says "Physical geocaches are not permitted in Anoka County Parks. More information may be found here." When you click on the "here" it takes you to the forums and conversations from 3 years ago. lol. i think i am going to TRY to put some caches in some Anoka City and Ramsey City parks and see what happens. lol
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNSearchers wrote:
thanks. i figured it was just county parks but i wasn't sure. also..under guidelines it just links you to anoka county and when you click on that it just says "Physical geocaches are not permitted in Anoka County Parks. More information may be found here." When you click on the "here" it takes you to the forums and conversations from 3 years ago. lol. i think i am going to TRY to put some caches in some Anoka City and Ramsey City parks and see what happens. lol

I saw the same thing and I can see how that would be confusing. If you want to make sure before hiding and submitting and getting denied, just send Surfer Joe an email and tell him which park you have in mind. He's super duper friendly and helpful! Smile
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...sorry...I didn't click the follow-up link...
Wink
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch. I updated the phrasing to read.

"Physical geocaches are not permitted in any Anoka County Park. The original MnGCA forum discussion can be found here."
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:
Good catch. I updated the phrasing to read.

"Physical geocaches are not permitted in any Anoka County Park. The original MnGCA forum discussion can be found here."

I also added a reference to a more recent thread.
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the questions here have been answered.

In Recap: Physical geocaches are prohibited on Anoka COUNTY lands, with exception to pilot study cahces.

The status of the pilot study is best obtained from Grey Wolf, whom is the MnGCA's liason. The much awaited results from the pilot study established a year and 2 months ago is still not ready. Further complicating the issue is that our point of contact with the parks cannot proceed with increasing the limitations of the pilot study until the Anoka Co. Park & Rec board of directors agrees to move forward. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: