MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GC.com runs on Windoze

View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: GC.com runs on Windoze Reply with quote

Just thought it was funny that with geocaching being such a "techie" thing, why would GC.com be running on Windoze? You'd think they'd want to use a real operating system. Wink

From the GC forums about the recent update and why the site was down and now it's painfully slow.

Code:
QUOTE(OpinioNate @ May 20 2009, 03:33 PM) *

I'll elaborate on my "site is slow" comment a little. Microsoft had 12 hotfixes for us to apply and surprise of surprises, they aren't working right.

Until we're able to sort out the issue I'm afraid you'll experience various levels of site performance from "slow but usable" to "omg shoot me". Everything is dropped here until we're back online 100%. Thank you for your patience.
Rolling Eyes
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: GC.com runs on Windoze Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:
Just thought it was funny that with geocaching being such a "techie" thing, why would GC.com be running on Windoze? You'd think they'd want to use a real operating system. Wink

From the GC forums about the recent update and why the site was down and now it's painfully slow.

Code:
QUOTE(OpinioNate @ May 20 2009, 03:33 PM) *

I'll elaborate on my "site is slow" comment a little. Microsoft had 12 hotfixes for us to apply and surprise of surprises, they aren't working right.

Until we're able to sort out the issue I'm afraid you'll experience various levels of site performance from "slow but usable" to "omg shoot me". Everything is dropped here until we're back online 100%. Thank you for your patience.
Rolling Eyes

This explains so much over so many years!
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would have guessed? Rolling Eyes
IanNMissy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heck, I coulda told you that... GC.com has been slow as heck forever... That's why I avoid it at all costs.. I would upgrade to premium there if I knew they were going to switch hosting to Linux Servers...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: