MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Death Climbing with Pear Head

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Death Climbing with Pear Head Reply with quote

I was going to place a multi today with this name. I opted not to (as I thought it was overly cruel), so I need to write about it so that I can get the idea out of my head. I reserve all rights for this idea within a 100 mile radius of my home, so you're not welcome to use it for your own cache.

Death Marching with Pear Head

Park at the base of Fairmont Street (Hartley Field). Walk up the hill (remember where Double Take was?). Find your first tag. It leads you to the base of the hill. Repeat many many times.

Those of you that have been up that hill will know where the "Death" part of the cache comes from. Twisted Evil

Instead I opted for something a little easier on the heart (but still requiring you to climb the hill once) - keep your eyes out for it.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already did this with IBs "Can't jump"...walked it from the FDL rec center with 5 kids, 3 in flipflops...scaling 400 ft ravines several times in a 2.5 hour hike. Used trees growing out of the sides of the ravines to pull ourselves up.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait. Do I need (not want) to bring my gear? Please? Pretty Please?

I remember Double Take. That wasn't much of a hill.

I also remember another cache that required locating a couple dozen tags in the woods. I'm not sure we're up for a repeat of that. I'd do it. But there might be retaliation.
The Hipster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Cruel ... Reply with quote

... Just the thing for a fat old f@rt like me. (Grin) My doctor would either thank you or list you under the cause of death on the certificate.

May I use the idea 288 miles WNW of Duluth? The hills will not be as onerous as yours, but will certainly provide some exercise for us flat landers. We have a ND state park (Turtle River State Park) west of Grand Forks. The Turtle River breaks through the last of the western shores of Glacial Lake Agassiz. There are a couple of old ski hills that would work wonderfully for this type of cache. Currently the park only has 5 caches. There is room for many more & heaven knows North Dakota could use a bunch more caches!

I'll look forward to doing whatever you put out in Duluth.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Cruel ... Reply with quote

The Hipster wrote:
May I use the idea 288 miles WNW of Duluth? The hills will not be as onerous as yours, but will certainly provide some exercise for us flat landers. There is room for many more & heaven knows North Dakota could use a bunch more caches!

I'll look forward to doing whatever you put out in Duluth.

That is a fantastic proposition. I went through ND a couple years ago and found both caches in the state.
The Hipster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber wrote:
That is a fantastic proposition. I went through ND a couple years ago and found both caches in the state.

LOL - Though you are not far off ... I have added 7 caches since then, though 6 of them are close enough to MN that if the Red River does another swing they will be in MN. (Grin)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: