MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Geo Class

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Team Hooligan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Geo Class Reply with quote

Last week I went to my daughters 7th grade class and gave a talk to each hour about Geocaching. We turned it into a class project with kids bringing in things to put in our geocache. Now it has been hidden behind the school by one class and the other classes will go look for it. Once they are done, it will be rehidden and posted on the website as a geocache for all to find. It has been fun teaching this crazy sport to about 100 7th graders. Look for a new cache to be out in Grand Rapids by these kids soon. They also brought in items and voted on what they wanted as a travel bug. Laughing
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=cf3eac42-6c5c-4e16-af4d-c3f4bf776f33

Might want to contact this cache owner for some more ideas...on a classroom cache!
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Schoolroom caches Reply with quote

Just curious- who supplys the GPS's for the classes?
Team Hooligan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We supplied the gps for the class to use. We only have a couple but the class at least could get the idea how it all works.
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Yup... Reply with quote

that is what we did when we Gpsd with the girl scouts last fall. God forbid that the shcool budget would pay for a couple of GPSs, that probably would cost less than one sports uniform - priorities you know- spend money where the pucblic will see it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: