MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adopt a Park program?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Adopt a Park program? Reply with quote

Hey Central Minnesota!

I was just speaking with a geocacher in Omaha and am now thinking about the idea of adopting a park in Saint Cloud to handle CITO events at. I was thinking that this would be a good way to show the parks department that we care, a place to host CITO events and then also something that would advertise geocaching in the area. They will place a sign that says an organization name, we could have something like MN Geocachers Assoc. or Minnesota Geocachers (I do not think that it will spell out the entire organization).

What does everyone think? Think that we can pull this off and hold a cleanup event atleast twice a year?
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea!

The last couple of days I have been working on a clean up/CITO set up with Saint Cloud Park/Rec for 4/18.

More to what you are speaking about, the StC P/R do have an Adopt-a-Park program. If you want to fill out the form and take responsibility for it that would be great.

Adopt-a-Park:

http://ci.stcloud.mn.us/Park/ViewPDF.aspx?pdf=docs/Adopt%20a%20Park.pdf

I think it's a great idea!

Kurt
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am partial to Saint Cloud but maybe Sartell, Saint Joe, Saint Augusta, Waite Park.... have similar programs.

Kurt
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have done some research and think that Saint Cloud, being centrally located, would be the perfect spot. I have been thinking about a larger park since we have so many cachers that might be willing to help and also we could place caches. I have noticed a few caches in Neenah Creek Park (I think that this is the name) and this area is not well used by muggles, but could be adopted by cachers. We could look at something with more muggles, which would also mean more trash.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we taken any further thought into adopting a park or doing another CITO event this year in central Minnesota?
msrubble
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe CITO at Heritage Park again, around Thanksgiving? I know we made a dent last time, but didn't get it all. I imagine litter has been accumulating over the summer.

If we do another CITO event this year, we'd want to do it before there's snow on the ground. And I think that if we want it listed at geocaching.com, we have to have a month's lead time.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that it is two weeks posting time. Should I contact Kurt and the parks department and then post one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Central MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: