MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now that is perfect, xhawk!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
former hawkeye
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Now that is perfect, xhawk! Reply with quote

My bro, xhawk just bowled a 300 game in his league this week. He has been bowling for a long, long time and I think it is great he reached this milestone! Very Happy
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Now that is perfect, xhawk! Reply with quote

former hawkeye wrote:
My bro, xhawk just bowled a 300 game in his league this week. He has been bowling for a long, long time and I think it is great he reached this milestone! Very Happy

Wow, that's pretty cool! Congrats to him!!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Now that is perfect, xhawk! Reply with quote

former hawkeye wrote:

Hey, I just got my 300th DNF the other day.
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome. Do you still get a fancy ring for that?

My sister just got a 29 hand in cribbage. It's the highest hand you can get, and it is very rare. She just got bragging rights. Very Happy
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dachebo wrote:
My sister just got a 29 hand in cribbage.

Now THAT is a truly noteworthy feat. Not to diminish the accomplishment of a 300 game, but 300 games and holes-in-one happen thousands of times a year. I have a hole-in-one and ISAG. But a 29 hand is something that very few cribbage players have ever been privileged to see. My grandfather told me he once saw a painting of a player holding a 29 hand watching his opponent pegging out. Can you imagine the agony?
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to him. The closest I've been able to come to this is a 276, which is very good for me.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinowner wrote:
dachebo wrote:
My sister just got a 29 hand in cribbage.

Now THAT is a truly noteworthy feat. Not to diminish the accomplishment of a 300 game, but 300 games and holes-in-one happen thousands of times a year. I have a hole-in-one and ISAG. But a 29 hand is something that very few cribbage players have ever been privileged to see. My grandfather told me he once saw a painting of a player holding a 29 hand watching his opponent pegging out. Can you imagine the agony?

I've seen 29 hands dealt twice WAY back when I used to play on a regular basis. But they were never dealt to me Crying or Very sad
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 29 once I cheered and my wife thought I was nuts as even after counting it she still skunked me that game. It just kept me from a double skunk good hand wroung game for me. At least the person that bowled 300 won there game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: