MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coming to Town

View previous topic :: View next topic  
model12
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Coming to Town Reply with quote

Gidday from the frozen North! Aldy and I are coming to Minneapolis for a 2 week stay March 22-Apr 2. She'll be working 8-5, and I'll be caching all day. Any advice, recommendations, news of EVENTS, and other caching opportunities welcome! Very Happy

On Sat the 21st we are driving a loop to Fargo ND via St Cloud, grabbing the earthcaches along the way, then dipping into SD before returning to MPLS.

We are staying in the vicinity of N44 58.065 W93 21.464. I'll check in from time to time for updates, or you can email / pm me anytime. Wink

TIA
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an earthcache in Ortonville just inside MN border from SD, And also one in Willmar. Not sure what kind of route you are looking at when you get to SD to return to the cities.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Coming to Town Reply with quote

model12 wrote:
Gidday from the frozen North! Aldy and I are coming to Minneapolis for a 2 week stay March 22-Apr 2. She'll be working 8-5, and I'll be caching all day. Any advice, recommendations, news of EVENTS, and other caching opportunities welcome! Very Happy

On Sat the 21st we are driving a loop to Fargo ND via St Cloud, grabbing the earthcaches along the way, then dipping into SD before returning to MPLS.

We are staying in the vicinity of N44 58.065 W93 21.464. I'll check in from time to time for updates, or you can email / pm me anytime. Wink

TIA

Roseville, MN is a great place to spend a few days caching. So are Bloomington and Eden Prairie. High cache density in all of those areas. We are also blessed with many huge parks in the metro area, all of them chock full of great caches!
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of finds near where you'll be staying. Most of the caches in this part of town are pretty easy to access. If you'd like a good walk in the woods go to Wirth Park, a bit east and north.
Here are some caches not far from your listed coords that I thought were fun to find:
GC12WPA
GC16A2Z
GC14FQ0
GC1A8JA
GCR40E
GC1A6QN
GC179J1
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to MN.

Two events happening on 3/28. Breakfast Buddies in Hinkely, MN (~1.5 hours north of the Twin Cities) and a Meet -n- Greet in Marshall, MN (~? miles of the Twin Cites in western MN).

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e5b19e4f-6c44-4ec9-9587-59bd32a49b6e

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c9465a5c-ddd8-432a-a3c3-459149fee4d0

Watch the Events section of this forum. Almost always a Wednesday night and Friday night gathering somewhere in the Twin Cities where a set of caches are found and then food/beverages are consumed.
model12
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all!

I'm bound to town during the week since Aldy is teaching. Weekends are set for road trips to ND, SD on Sat, then WI on Sunday. Then 4 more days in MPLS until we head south to Dallas.

If there's something happening on weeknights, please let me know so we can come out for a drink, exchange geocoins, etc...
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely go to The 3 Ota's in South Dakota

GCNTG1
model12
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Definitely go to The 3 Ota's in South Dakota

GCNTG1

We have it on the list!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: