MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

St. Cloud WeekNIGHT Caching
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: St. Cloud WeekNIGHT Caching Reply with quote

So, I work in St. Cloud now, and was thinking of getting together with some local cachers for an evening of caching. I was wondering what night works best for everyone. Maybe Tuesday or Thursday (since the cities crew has their event on Wed and Fri)???

I figured we could eat at any one of the many locations around the mall, or around down town. Mexican Village, or Fridays, or Applebees, etc...

So let me know if there is any interest.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're interested, especially if it could start a little earlier than 7:30. St. Cloud's not that bad of a haul for us.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for starting early. I get off of work at 4:30 so I could start caching any time (or pre-cache with you guys when you get up here).

I'm ok with starting as early as everyone wants, this doesn't have to be an after dark thing...I'm happy with a cache and eat thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theodellfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sue is not working her second job, we could make the run to Saint Cloud. Let us know We get off of work about 4 so it would be 5:30ish before we could get to SC.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good...it sounds like we have more out of towners doing this than St. Cloud natives.
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Sounds good...it sounds like we have more out of towners doing this than St. Cloud natives.

Z, just in case many of the St. Cloud locals are not here on the forums, you might want to drop an email to a few of the players in town and let them know what's happening. It might drum up some more interest. Good luck.
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Thursday better than Tuesday. Reply with quote

Thursdays are way better for me than Tuesdays. I'm sure I could make it and other cachers from the area would probably be up to it as well. I'll try to email some of them as well. Earlier or later doesn't matter.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am open to anytime! I would stay away from the Wednesdays and Fridays due to the caching in the cities, but I think that it would be fun. Congrats on a new job!
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Same Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
I'm up for starting early. I get off of work at 4:30 so I could start caching any time (or pre-cache with you guys when you get up here).

I'm ok with starting as early as everyone wants, this doesn't have to be an after dark thing...I'm happy with a cache and eat thing.

I am done around the same time most nights. So starting around 5:00 ish and being done around dark sounds good. I may have to put out some new caches just for those evenings. I'll keep turned.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Same Reply with quote

bigred_librarian wrote:
sir_zman wrote:

I am done around the same time most nights. So starting around 5:00 ish and being done around dark sounds good. I may have to put out some new caches just for those evenings. I'll keep turned.

Yeah, when I am not out of the state! lol I was in Nevada when you sent out the last batch of caches... I was hoping to find a FTF party.
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick a night and I'll try to make it. Everyday is the same to me.

Kurt
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Saint Cloud - TNC 3/26/09 Reply with quote

How about Thursday March 26th at Sauk Rapids Memorial Park at 6:00?

I put out 2 new caches there recently and there are some other caches in the park or real close to the east or west of there.

Start here:

GC187XN - Don't Put Your Tongue on Metal Swings

And then try these

GC1NM8E - Just Because It is a Better Hiding Spot (new one)
Ms. Rubble would like to be there for this group find.

GCYJP1 - Fishin' on the Ole Mississippi

GC1NMA5 - T.18 2006 - Hiding in the Bat Cave (new one)

GC1GE0Y - Sauk Walk (Puzzle cache, I haven't attempted this one yet)
Many have DNFed this one and Ms. Rubble has solved it. Might be nice to have her here for help.

I am not sure how many caches people want to try. I am just throwing this out as an idea because many people may not have tackled my 2 new ones or Sauk Walk. This area is also close to Sir Zman's new place of work. I am just throwing out a time too. What do people think?
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it, my wife has Girl Scouts on Thursday, but I think my Mom might be able to watch the kids, so I might be a go. I think that regardless of my ability to attend, that is the best night to do this.

Where would people like to go eat? I posted a few in my initial message..lots of places around to get food and drink.
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: St. Cloud WeekNIGHT Caching Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
So, I work in St. Cloud now

Are you living in St Cloud already or when do you plan on moving? Sorry, don't mean to get off topic but I'm glad you found a new job and I'm sure others are wondering also.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: St. Cloud WeekNIGHT Caching Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
sir_zman wrote:
So, I work in St. Cloud now

Are you living in St Cloud already or when do you plan on moving? Sorry, don't mean to get off topic but I'm glad you found a new job and I'm sure others are wondering also.

I am still living in the cities, I work 4 days a week in St. Cloud and Telecommute 1..after 30 days of employment I get to telecommute 2 days and after 90 days I get to telecommute 3 days. I would like to move closer, but probably still try to stay in the maple grove/rogers area. Waiting for house values to go back up a bit, can't afford to sell right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Central MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: